Jobs In Ghana 2020
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and has mines and projects in the United States, Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 6,000 people worldwide. Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline. We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work, and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate. At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet, but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate. Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us.
Incumbent, Senior Geotechnical Engineer will provide Technical Support to the Underground Operations Team and oversee to all Underground Mining activities. To follow, and ensure compliance to established policies, practices and procedures when completing work assignments.
- Overall management of Geotechnical functions on site comprising both open pit and underground operations and their associated teams;
- Co-coordinating the collection of data, its analysis and evaluation in order to ensure sound designs;
- Working closely with the mine planning engineers and geologists within the Technical Services department as well as with Operations to ensure robust and safe designs.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensuring underground/pit wall stability and quality control of support measures through the supervision of ground control, quality and testing programs;
- Refining stope designs and extraction sequences to optimise mine longevity and ore recovery;
- Leading and mentoring a team of geotechnical engineers.
- Establishing, improving and maintaining productive and constructive interpersonal relationships both internally and externally with business partners and consultants
- Contributing to the business' capability to mine safely by actively identifying risks and threats to achieving targets and developing, establishing and managing programs to ensure those risks are minimised or eliminated.
- Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance.
- Participate actively in Continuous Improvement program.
- Any other job assigned by the Supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of 8 years' mining experience, of which the majority should be in underground hard-rock mining, preferably in precious metals.&nbsnbsp;
- BSc degree in Geological or Mining Engineering, preferably with specialisation in Geotechnical Engineering or Rock Mechanics
- Post-graduate Certification in rock mechanics equivalent
- Good operating knowledge and interpretation skill of numerical modelling tools such as DIPS, UNWEDGE, MAP3D and PHASE2
- Experience of using Surpac
- Holder of Mine Rescue and valid 1st Aid Certificates will be an added advantage
- Valid Ghanaian Driving License and ability to drive underground.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and skills should send their CVs and copies of relevant certificates to
not later than 20th January, 2020
Applicants are to indicate the position in the subject area when applying online.