Jobs In Ghana 2020
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Vibrant Village Foundation (VVF) is a private Foundation headquartered in Portland, Oregon State in the United States of America (U.S.A). Established in 2010, the Foundation provides direct assistance and grants to support Agriculture, Livelihoods, Health, Education, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs in marginalized and deprived communities in Africa, Asia and Latin America. VVF has supported programs in over 22 countries since its establishment. In Ghana, the Foundation has contributed significantly towards poverty reduction in the Fielmuo community in the Upper West region of Ghana. Fielmuo is located in the Sissala West district and about 150km drive north of WA-the Upper West regional capital.
VVF has facilitated the provision of safe drinking water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH), education, health and vocational skills training to over 17,000 people in 34 communities in the Sissala West and Lambussie districts. In 2019, VVF commenced the implementation of the ‘Integrated Program for Poverty Reduction and Social Transformation’ (IMPREST) initiative. The goal of the program is to contribute to poverty reduction, improved wellbeing and resilience of vulnerable populations through the implementation of Education and Child Protection, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, and Livelihoods, Food Security and Empowerment of Women programs. We are searchingfor anexperienced candidate to take-up the role of a Small Business Development Officer (SBDO).
Position: Small Business Development Officer (SBDO)
Location: Fielmuo/Gwollu with frequent travel to the field
Reporting to: Livelihood, Food Security and Empowerment Coordinator
Relationships: Coordinators and Field Officers
CONTINUE READING BELOW
2.1 Small Business Development Officer (SBDO)
The post-holder shall lead VVF Small Business and Enterprise Development Program. He/she shall design and operationalize aBusiness Development Model/Strategy that empowers small and agro-based enterprises to grow and become financially sustainable. The specific roles and responsibilities of the post-holder are:
- Lead the development of small business development strategy
- Lead the identification and enrolment of small and agro businesses to participate in the program
- Formation and strengthening of small businesses and associations
- Facilitate linkages and networking among small business owners especially Soap Making groups, VSLAs and FBOs
- Support small business owners to develop and implement business development plans
- Mentor and coach small businesses to adopt best business practices including but not limited to business registration, records keeping and customer care
- Develop guidelines and roll out a revolving fund
- Set-up and operationalize VVF mobile business incubation centre concept
- Develop training materials and conduct regular capacity building for small business owners
- Document and share success stories, best practices and lessons learned from program implementation
- Develop monitoring tools and track the performance of small businesses
- Participate in project accountability platforms including the project steering committee and staff review meetings
- Establish partnerships with the Business Advisory Centre at the various district assemblies and other actors within the district and region
- Prepare and share weekly, monthly and activity based reports with supervisor
- Represent VVF at stakeholder meetings in consultation with supervisor (s)
Qualification Required & Experience
3.1 Profile and experience of the post-holder
- Degree in Agri-Business, Economics, Integrated Development Studies, Commerce, Accounting, Banking and Finance or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years’ experience working in similar position with a non-profit organization
- Ability to ride a motor bike for long distances in remote communities
- Ability to work in multi-ethnic and culturally diverse stakeholders
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Ability to Speak Sissali and/or Dagaare language is required
- Strong commitment to improving the well-being of families in rural communities
- Computer literacy in word, access and excel is required
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Please submit a cover letter (State salary expectation )and up-to-date CV as a single document to the recruiting team at:
Closing Date: 15 February, 2020
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis
Female Candidates and People with Special Needs are kindly encouraged to apply