Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo Region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work for.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- This position has supervisory responsibility for the metallurgical duties at CIL and elution.
In This Role, You Will
- Ensure that the CIL parameters are all within the acceptable range (DO and cyanide concentration, pH, density, carbon profile,)
- Ensure that solution and solid residues are within an acceptable range.
- Ensure that the CIL and tails autosamplers, cyanide analyzer, online pH meters, DO meters, densitometers and flowmeters are all functional at all times.
- Ensure availability of spare parts for all met equipment at the CIL section for prompt repairs.
- Ensure carbon quality checks on fresh and circuit carbon are carried out on a quarterly basis.
- Achieve the regeneration kiln temperature of (640 to 700oC).
- Conduct daily review of elution, generation kiln and CIL log sheets and address any issue of concern
- Gather information required for weekly reagent inventory and provide quantities to the Laboratory Specialist.
- Escalate any requests for metallurgical equipment maintenance post-inspection.
- Participate in periodic belt cut sampling to confirm weightometer readings as part of QA/QC
- Ensure the planning and implementation of preventative maintenance programs to maximize the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of laboratory equipment.
- Ensure completion of follow-up and corrective actions assigned to the metallurgical and assay laboratories.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- A bachelor’s degree in Extractive Metallurgy or similar.
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years’ experience in metallurgical practice, plant operation and supervision and assay and metallurgical laboratory practices
- Knowledge and understanding of statutory regulations relevant to safety and the environment for the mining industry.
- Working knowledge of budget and cost control in the process environment.
- High level of communication skills – verbal and written.
- High level of Personal Computer skills and computer literacy
- Attention to Details.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Position is located at the Ahafo South mine.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: while performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit at a desk, climb stairs, walk and stand for periods of time.
- Work Environment: occasional exposure to noise, fumes, high temperatures, hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to working conditions.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.