Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The Data Centre & Server Administrator at Vodafone Ghana is responsible for all Datacentre Unix Infrastructure Platform that is System administration and management of the Unix infrastructure platforms across Vodafone Ghana to cover key area of Solaris/Linux OS supporting key platforms that host CRM, Voucher Management System Billing, Remedy, IN, Sim Reg. Disk configuration/volume configuration as well as Shell programing and SQL scripting. Managing and maintaining all virtual servers running Linux OS
- Control of the Data Centre Unix systems on day-to-day basis
- Configuration Management
- Administration Management
- Backup & Recovery
- Technical Support
- Providing Technical support for Testing and Deployment of new components
- Providing Level 2/3 technical support resources in support across the Unix Estate in Vodafone Ghana
- Responsible for the LRP around the Vodafone UNIX Environment.
- Provides technical expertise for appropriate level distributed systems environments on issues related to servers, local services, data centers Unix environment, server configuration and to ensure that Vodafone’s IT Unix needs as a business are met on a day to day basis
- Provides consulting in requirements definition, specification, design, development, and integration of systems and server management on complex projects accountable for the IT Unix delivery to ensure services adhere to project specifications.
- Manage Project deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT Unix systems, including servers, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Acts as first point of contact for technical input to investigate and resolve escalated issues within the Unix systems environments and ensures provision of adequate technical skills are devoted to solutions.
- Reviews tests, integrations, maintenance, and solutions of less experienced personnel on larger projects, for appropriateness and accuracy. Provides feedback and advises changes.
- Communicates, maintains, and establishes principles, directions, and standards related to distributed Unix System environments to meet end user and company needs.
- Ensures communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments, and objectives.
- Explains, interprets and extracts detailed information to provide guidance, advise and answers to own team and Head of IT Infrastructure
- Responsible for maintaining effective customer interfaces and actively seeks and acts on feedback from customers
- Supports periodic maintenance and upgrades of environments.
- Identify trends and operational issues impacting the Unix environment and implement new or change initiatives through recommendation of ideas and practical solutions for improvements
- Acts as point to all aspects affecting the Unix Estate in collaborative projects with counterparts in Vodafone GROUP
- Ownership and management of client issues relating to the UNIX environment, including responsibility for the resolution, escalation and final closure
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- 5 or more years of UNIX administration
- 3+ years’ experience with Solaris and Linux Management and Support
- 3-5 years’ experience with Virtualization and Clustering
- 3-5 years’ experience with Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology (SMART)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changed environment and follow instructions from supervisors and senior colleagues.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: