Jobs In Ghana 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) Supervisor.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of this role is to maintain and improve the operations at the Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) to safeguard the physical and chemical stability of the TSF throughout the life of the mine and subsequent land use of the facility to ensure sustainable future of human life and the environment.
- Actively promote AGA Safety, Health and Environmental actions for optimum performance.
- Comply with AGA TSF framework
- Maintain Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) key performance indicators (KPI’s) including freeboard, pool distances and pool depth and adherence to the standard operating procedure (SOP) at the TSF.
- Inspect tailings delivery lines and provide feedback to the relevant stakeholders such as the operations team, environmental department and plant control room.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Supervise daily operations of TSF contractors.
- Plan and coordinate fumigation activities at the TSF operational areas against reptiles.
- Partake in actively-driven housekeeping and loss control.
- Maintain discipline and performance management among the members of the TSF crew.
- Investigate all appropriate equipment related safety and environmental status and take prompt and appropriate corrective action
- Control and reduce operational and engineering costs
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Water and Tailings Specialist
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A tertiary qualification in Civil, Geotechnical or Hydrogeological Engineering or equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution
- Certificate of competence from Minerals Commission will be an advantage
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role.
- For candidates without the stated tertiary qualification, an extensive experience of not less than 7 years in a similar role may be considered
- Investigating and understanding the impact of geological formations beneath the ground surface of the existing as well as any future construction project at the Tailings Storage Facility (TSF).
- Analyze the Tailings Storage Facility to determine their present and future stability, seepage and hydraulic separation etc.
- Liaise with the environmental department on environmental restoration related projects.
- Deal with Geological hazards such as landslides, soil erosion, flooding and in some extreme conditions, earthquakes and be able to set emergency response procedures in motion.
- Should be able to able to work with little or no supervision.
- Strong and proven decision-making skills.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: