Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG) has vacancies for passion-driven, well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individuals with outstanding project management experience to occupy the Project Coordinator position in the organisation. MSG's goal is to meet the needs of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services.
MSIG is part of Marie Stopes International's global partnership, which operates in over Thirty-seven (37) countries worldwide.
- The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day implementation of specific projects to be assigned. The Project Coordinator will take active steps in liaising with GHS as partners and key stakeholders to ensure that all project milestones are achieved in accordance with the workplan and within the agreed time frame.
- The functions of the role include but not limited to overall project cycle management (inception, delivery, monitoring and reporting, both narrative and financial) and contributing to the achievement of overall MSIG goals.
- The post is based in Accra and expected to travel to other regions in Ghana when needed. He /She reports to the Head of Donor Compliance and Delivery
- Work with the Head of Donor Compliance and Delivery and the Finance team to complete the project Budget Versus Actuals (BVAs) on monthly basis
- Coordinating the effort of all project stakeholders (both internal and external), implementers and key partners of the project.
- Liaise with internal focal persons and departments to intensity implementation of the work schedule for the project period
- Assist in facilitating community entry approaches in all communities through innovative partnerships
- Provides monitoring oversight to all the project components and consistently work to ensures adequate community involvement in the project
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Keeps and manage records of project activities and regularly provide project updates to key stakeholders and promptly report any deviations
- Compile relevant and accurate data on ll activities for key project stakeholders
- Monitor and coordinate project schedules with input the from channel leads and various departments
- Actively participate in the monthly programmes and finance meeting to provide explanations on variances, share areas of concerns and identified risks for the management of the projects
- Any other project or assignment by the Head of Donor Compliance and Delivery
Qualification Required & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences/Public Health/Development Studies or any related field
- Training/Certificate in Project Financial Management
- Master’s Degree (MPH/MBA) is desirable
- Other relevant professional qualifications, e.g Project Management
The candidate must have:
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant post-graduation work experience and at least 3 years of work experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience in project financial management skills
- Excellent coordination skills and passionate about field work
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, able to write high quality reports
- Articulate and analytical with excellent attention to detail
- Computer literate (office package excellent word, PowerPoint, Excel skills and search engines)
- Experience in working for and with NGOs (Or multilateral or bilateral agencies such as the UN), specific experience working with international NGOs
- Good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels – government, donor and
- Sympathetic to women and men seeking family planning and reproductive health services
- Must be pro-choice and passionate about maternal health
CONTINUE READING BELOW
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 12th November, 2019