Jobs In Ghana 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Management Accountant - Process Plant.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of this role is to ensure that the Process Plant costs and performance are adequately and timely captured and reported for decision making by assisting to monitor, and reports and give advice on planning, measurement and performance management systems. This will ensure that the managers are supplied with cost management data to make reliable decisions about financial controls.
- Establish the necessary Management Accounting processes and practices for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, including Operational Readiness
- Develop the Management Accounting team recruitment specifically driving the localization aims of the mine.
- Map key internal stakeholder relationships and value with relevant management routines (communication, touchpoints, key meetings)
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Provide unequivocal planning data to enable the quarterly updates of the rolling 18-month plan to be produced on time.
- Prepared Management Accounting data aligned to defined quality assurance expectations
- Timely assessments of Management Accounting processes data
- Conclusions with accurate information and analysis
- Develop the annual Management Accounting cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and Life of Mine (LoM) business plans
- Liaise with other departmental heads and their key resources to put the budget guidelines - financial and operational requirements - into context
- Provide support service to departmental heads and their key resources on updating their budget templates and ensure that the inputs are realistic and submitted on time.
- Consolidate departmental budgets for management review
- Participate in budget review meetings with each HOD/ Finance Manager/ Head of Operations/MD.
- Prepare consolidated budget and business plan report for input into HFM pack
- Deliver the work of the Management Accounting function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs
- Ensure timely and accurate reconciliation of accounts: Fuel, Contract accrual, Labour cost accrual before month end close activities are finalized.
- Review the transactions in the financial database to ensure there is reliable and relevant cost data to generate reports for management decision making.
- Liaise with other team members to ensure that all necessary operating and capital expenditures are accurately and timely captured into the General Ledger system each reporting period.
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Management Accounting department and with own Finance team regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development
- Safety communications
- Achievement of safety goals and targets
- Legislative and regulatory compliance and document control
- Coordination of incident investigation
- Hazard reporting
- Risk management
- Provide the resources and expertise to develop the team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, according to their role and level of authority
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within Management Accounting team
- Recommend and optimise the approach for conducting specialist projects and research in the Management Accounting process and procedures
- Establish a network of targeted stakeholder relationships to socialise initiatives and enhancements
- Report on the development and progress of initiatives and enhancements of the Management Accounting function, to include outputs and befits obtained.
- Describe the specific problems and constraints to be managed within the Management Accounting function
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A post graduate degree in business would be an added advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a qualified Chartered Accountant
- 3 – 6 years financial management post qualification experience preferably within the mining industry, of which at least 5 years should have been at a senior management level.
- Experience and understanding of total mining cycle.
- Full knowledge and experience in the application of the Ghana Taxation laws.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Broad business exposure
- Cost management
- Strategic exposure to business
- Performance Management
- Team management
- Creating a disciplined team to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
- Managing oneself - taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building effective working relationships - the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Maximizing performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: