Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Ecowas Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA) is a specialized Institution of ECOWAS created in January 2008 by the Authority of Heads of State and Government of ECOWAS with the mandate of regulating cross-border electricity exchanges, establishing an enabling investment environment for regional power projects and providing technical support to national regulators of the electricity sector of ECOWAS Member States.
ERERA has developed a five-year program of activities based on its strategic plan for which it has obtained the support of several financial partners, particurlarly the European Union (EU) and United States Agency for International Development (USAID). One of the main components of the technical assistance programs with these two partners is the recruitment of additional staff to strengthen ERERA's operational capacity. To this end, and in order to support its pool of experts responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of regulation, ERERA is recruiting qualified and able persons having the capacity to work in teams on complex assignments, conduct studies and prepare technical reports.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced citizens of the Economic Community of West African states (ECOWAS) member states to fill the following vacant position at the Headquarters of the ECOWAS Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA) in Accra.
JOB TITLE: IT SUPPORT OFFICER
ANNUAL SALARY: (UA 42,916.53/USD 67,713.70) TO (UA 49,106.81/USD 77,480.72)
DURATION: 02 Years renewable
Under the supervision of the ERERA’s Senior IT Officer, the IT Support Officer shall give assistance in the management of ERERA’s IT systems and processes, as follows:
- Assist in the development and strategic implementation of Information Communication Technology (ICT) policies within ERERA
- Assist in the implementation of the plan for the acquisition and maintenance of all ICT equipment of ERERA
- Install, configure and administer all ICT systems, including hardware, software, communication and network equipment
- Troubleshoot and fix hardware, software and network related problems
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all ICT systems, including detailed technical specifications
Advertisement: Scroll down to keep reading
- Provide technical assistance and support to users
- Perform routine audits of systems and software
- Backup and restore data files including users’ data, email, website etc….
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of ERERA’s internet website and intranet
- Support the production of ERERA’s publications and promotional items
- Perform graphic design of banners, posters, etc…for ERERA’s publications,website and events
- Manage multimedia resources including animation, audio, photos and videos, and all multimedia equipment
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the hierarchy.
Qualifications / Experiences/ Skills
- A minimum of a first degree in computer science/Information Technology
- Candidates should possess at least five (5) years professional experience. An experience in energy sector, and specially in regulation will be an advantage.
- Demonstrative experience in setting up and configuring, administering and supporting servers and desktops.
- A good grounding in computer hardware, computer networking and windows.
- Professional certifications such as MCSE, CCNA, Security Plus and ITIL are desirable
- Must have optimum knowledge and ability in the field of IT.
- Must have adequate experience in website and data base development and maintenance.
- Must possess good programming skills.
- A diploma in media and communication or related field would be an advantage.
- Experience using graphics and multimedia software is required
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Good understanding of the ECOWAS regional electricity sector.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong writing, proof-reading and editing skills.
- Excellent information gathering and reporting skills.
The applicant should be less than 50 years old at the time of recruitment.
Must be fluent in one of the official languages of ECOWAS Commission, English,French, and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage.
Advertisement: Scroll down to keep reading
Applicants should send, latest by Friday 30 August, 2019, at 5.00pm GMT, an electronic copy of their letter of motivation and curriculum vitae to the following
email address: email@example.com
In line with their desire to speed up and improve the recruitment process,ERERA will only accept online applications.