Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Ecowas Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA) is a specialized Institution of ECOWAS created in January 2008 by the Authority of Heads of State and Government of ECOWAS with the mandate of regulating cross-border electricity exchanges, establishing an enabling investment environment for regional power projects and providing technical support to national regulators of the electricity sector of ECOWAS Member States.
ERERA has developed a five-year program of activities based on its strategic plan for which it has obtained the support of several financial partners, particurlarly the European Union (EU) and United States Agency for International Development (USAID). One of the main components of the technical assistance programs with these two partners is the recruitment of additional staff to strengthen ERERA's operational capacity. To this end, and in order to support its pool of experts responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of regulation, ERERA is recruiting qualified and able persons having the capacity to work in teams on complex assignments, conduct studies and prepare technical reports.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced citizens of the Economic Community of West African states (ECOWAS) member states to fill the following vacant position at the Headquarters of the ECOWAS Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA) in Accra.
JOB TITLE: JUNIOR POWER EXPERT
ANNUAL SALARY: (UA 42,916.53/USD 67,713.70) TO (UA 49,106.81/USD 77,480.72)
DURATION: Two (02) years renewable
Under the supervision of the Senior Power Expert, he/she will give assistance in the management of power regulatory matters, among others, to the:
- Review and analysis of ECOWAS Member States Power sector regulatory techniques.
- Development of technical, economic and financial standards for the regional electricity power market.
- Benchmarking of the power sector Regulators (comparative analysis of the structure and the operational performances of the Power sector regulators at the regional level and periodic update).
- Review of the ECOWAS energy Master Plan.
- Follow-up of activities related to the development of electricity infrastructure, in the ECOWAS sub-region.
Advertisement: Scroll down to keep reading
- Participate in the formulation, proposal, review and application of the regional tariff methodology and pricing model for the regional electricity market.
- Propose and set up technical rules and standards for the operation of the regional electricity system and market.
- Collation, management and monitoring of technical data in the regional electricity market.
- Monitoring of the reliability of the regional electricity system.
- Suggesting proposals for improvement of regulatory tools in Member States.
- Participate in the development of a regional framework for environmental protection, clean energy and energy efficiency.
- Harmonisation of technical standards in the regional electricity market.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the hierarchy.
Qualifications / Experiences/Skills
- A minimum of a first degree in Engineering or any related field.
- Five (05) years professional experience relating to the conception and management of electric systems including two (2) years in technical regulation of power sector.
- Possession of a higher degree would reduce the required minimum professional experience to three (3) years with two (2) years in technical regulation of power sector.
- Good knowledge of all types of electricity generation, transmission and distribution infrastructure, as well as in their technical management and planning.
- Experience in Regional or International organizations would be an advantage.
- Good team player and performance oriented, capability to work in a multicultural team.
- Must be computer literate.
- Excellent communication skills (spoken, written and presentational) and interpersonal skills (team player).
The applicant should be less than 50 years old at the time of recruitment.
Must be fluent in one of the official languages of ECOWAS Commission, English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage.
Advertisement: Scroll down to keep reading
Applicants should send, latest by Friday 30 August, 2019, at 5.00pm GMT, an electronic copy of their letter of motivation and curriculum vitae to the following
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In line with their desire to speed up and improve the recruitment process, ERERA will only accept online applications.