Jobs In Ghana 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Title: Agricultural Expert Period as soon as possible until 31.12.2019 (with possibility of extension)
AFC Consultants International is a German consulting company working in Ghana since 2009, focusing on agricultural and rural development projects.
We are looking for an agricultural expert who has substantial work experience to work on an agriculture programme currently implemented in the south and middle belt supporting the citrus, mango, pineapple and vegetable value chains.
Specific key tasks:
- Define good agricultural practices to be promoted, especially with regards to climate-sensitive horticultural production
- Elaborate training curricula (competency-based training) and training material especially with regards to phytosanitary standards and sustainability standards in collaboration with responsible teams within the programme.
- Train agricultural advisors of large off-takers (processors, exporters)
- Organise training of service providers (service gangs) & advtsors of oft-takers (processors, exporters)
- Liase with MoFA extension agents and supervise traminq of trainers in collaboration with responsible teams within the programme.
- Design, manage and monitor demonstration and trial fields and analyse data
- Responsible for data recording to be fed into the M&E System
- BSc. minimum
- University studies in agriculture
- Minimum 6 years professional experience in agricultural sector
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in the agricultural extension for smallholder farmers
- Familiarity with competency-based training
- Experience with outgrower schemes/contract farming arrangements
- Proficiency in the facilitation of farmer groups for certification
- Expertise in integrated pest management
Advertisement: Scroll down to keep reading
Application with cover letter and CV to be sent to :
not later August 16, 2019.