Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
A reputable institution invites applications from suitably quaified Ghanaians for the job position in its Legal Department as Head of Legal Department
Position: Head of Legal Department
Reports directly to: Head of the Entity
Supervises: Legal Officers
Purpose: To provide leadership at the Legal Department
He/she will lead in;
- Preparing and filing writs, pleadings, submissions, statements of cases, witness statements and other Court/ legal processes both 'for and against' the Institution.
- Representing the Institution in the Court and other fora such as the Labour Commission, etc. when necessary.
- Advising on civil matters such as high-profile cases that should be referred to the external Lawyers of the Institution.
- Liaising with the external Lawyers of the Institution in the discharge of their obligations to the Institution.
- Advising on statutory compliances.
- Researching and preparing legal opinions on civil matters affecting the Institution.
- Drafting and/or reviewing legal letters, contracts and agreements for and on behalf of the Institution and monitoring legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance.
- Assisting in the formulation, implementation and [or amendment of the Institution's policies.
- Providing Sound legal advice to the Institution and making recommendations to Management as necessary.
- Conducting research and providing opinions on internal issues.
- Causing to be maintained, a database Of the status of all Court matters involving the Institution.
- Submitting weekly and monthly work reports to Line Manager,
- Perform other related functions assigned.
- LLB/BA and BL
- Must be on the Roll of Lawyers and a member of the Ghana Bar Association in good standing.
- A Master's Degree in Public Administration or MBA would be an advantage.
- High moral character with proven integrity.
- Must be highly proficient in the use of ICT Tools.
- A Minimum of 12 years' post-qualification experience with 5 years' administrative experience in a managerial position.
Advertisement: Scroll down to keep reading
Interested applicants should submit their CVs and applications to the address below:
Advert No.: 398
Graphic Communications Group Limited
P. O. Box 742,
Accra - Ghana
Deadline for the submission of applications is two (2) weeks after the first publication. only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.