Jobs In Ghana 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaians for the positions of Senior Technical Officer in a reputable state institution
SENIOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANT
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
To provide services to farmers
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Train groups of farmers in the communities using the curriculum developed by the organisation.
- Train groups of farmers in farm economics/ additional livelihoods usjng the FBS/addi00naI livelihoods modules developed by the organjsatton and its partners.
- Supervise the activities of cocoa farmer groups.
- Tran Local Cocoa Facilitators (LCF) who will eventually become farmer trainers in the communities.
- Collect and collate data of farms, farmers and farming activities and submit them to the District Extension Co-ordinator.
- Work alongside other stakeholders such as NGOs. donors and govemment agencies to provide best support to the farmers.
- Facilitate farmers' access to credit and inputs.
- Facilitate f-te formation of farmer groups in the communities.
- Encourage the youth to go into cocoa production.
- Encourage farmers to go into additional livelihoods as additional source of income.
- Assist farmers, technically, to identify and control cocoa pests and diseases.
- Perform any other duties assigned from time to time.
- Excellent communication skills: both written and oral.
- Possess depth of knowledge in Extension
- Strong analytical and logical reasoning skills.
- Foster relationships and teamwork skills.
- Certificate in Agriculture from a recognised Agricultural college.
- Knowledge in computer applications.
Recommended For You:
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Applications with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) must be sent to:
Advert No. 392
Graphic Communications Group Ltd.
Not later than 26th April, 2019.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.