Jobs In Ghana 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana June 2019. Please do not pay anybody a fee before getting a job. Report fraudulent jobs on Whatsapp via 0553-266019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaians for the positions of Principal Technical Assistant in a reputable state institution
PRINCIPAL TECHNICAL ASSISTANT
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
To provide Extension services to farmers
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Train groups of farmers in the communities using the curriculum developed by the organisation,
- Train groups of farmers in farm economics/additional livelihoods using the FBS/additional livelihoods modules developed by the organisation and its partners.
- Supervise the activities of cocoa farmer groups.
- Train Local Cocoa Facilitators (LCF) who will eventually become farmer trainers in the communities.
- Collect and collate data of farms, farmers and farming activities and submit them to the District Extension Co-ordinator.
- Work alongside other stakeholders such as NGOs, donors and govemment agencies to provide best support to the farmers.
- Facilitate farmers' access to credit and inputs.
- Facilitate the formation of farmer groups in the communities.
- Encourage the youth to go into cocoa production.
- Encourage farmers to go into additional livelihoods as additional source of income.
- Assist farmers, technically, to identify and control cocoa pests and diseases.
- Perform any other duties assigned from time to time.
- Excellent communication skills: both written and oral.
- Possess depth of knowledge in Extenson
- Strong analytical and logical reasoning skills.
- Foster relationships and teamwork skills.
- Diploma in Agriculture/Agronomy/Extension from a recogrused university/AgncuItural college.
- Knowledge in computer applications,
Recommended For You: