Jobs In Ghana 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
- Section/Department: HEAD OFFICE
- Organizational Relationships:
- Reports to: The Audit committee of the Board
- Responsible for the Audit in the department subordinate employees in the auditing department. This includes training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;
- Liaises with: Heads of other units as ICT, Risk and Credit compliances and Branch Manager to develop best practices for successful banking operations
- Demonstrate Evidence of participation in implementation of the Strategic Plan of AgRB.
- Responsible for the overall internal audit program for the bank, and operating independently of other departments.
- Administers the Audit Policy, and coordinates the activities of the bank’s external auditors.
- Perform other related duties as required to meet ongoing needs of the bank.
- Set up Audit desk in all branches/agencies.
- Scope And Duties And Responsibilities
- Develops and implements internal auditing policies, procedures, and programs.
- Reviews of accounting procedures.
- Advises top management and the Audit Committee of the Board on audit and internal control matters
- Investigates and determines causes of irregularities and errors.
- Verifies the existence of assets and recommends proper safeguards for their protection:
- Follow-up on issues raised to ensure management progress actions within the agreed time scales.
- Provides an independent challenge to the business view of risk as per the Bank’s policies.
- Recommends corrective action and suggest improvement.
- Supervises or conducts independent audits of bank records and activities, and prepares variance analyses of the departments and branches for management/ Board.
- Discusses the findings of audit reviews with management on a constructive basis in order to develop the most appropriate, proportionate solutions to issues arising.
- Investigates reported occurrences of fraud, embezzlement, theft, waste, etc.
- Evaluates the adequacy of the system of internal controls.
- Recommend improvements in controls;
- Supervises, conducts, and reports on the testing and adequacy of the Bank’s internal controls over financial reporting.
- To report the results of audit reviews, including management responses and proposed action plans, to the Board.
- Surveys functions and activities in assigned areas to determine the nature of operations and the adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objectives.
- Applies a risk-based approach to the review of the systems and controls of the Bank through the development of an annual programme of audit review work.
- Effective implementation of audit and regulatory reports
Professional Development of Management and Staff
Promotes the training of subordinates in the Audit department.
- Initiates and directs relevant evaluative research activities in AgRB.
- Contributes to progress of AgRB concerning development or revision of existing policies, procedures and practices, basing all recommendations on evidence.
- Accountable for the development and coordination of the Bank’s internal auditing activities.
- Assess compliance with regulatory requirements and contractual obligations
- Assess compliance with policies and procedures and sound business practices;
- Review operations/programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and whether the operations/programs are being carried out as planned;
- Perform ad hoc investigations and reviews at the request of the Audit Committee
The Internal Auditor performs any other professional duties as may be assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
Must be a holder of Bachelor or Masters (Preferred) degree in Banking and Finance or related field from an accredited University.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience post-higher degree in practice in Auditing,
- Auditing skills and a presence that command the respect of peers, with mature auditing judgment and the capacity to provide professional leadership.
- Auditing experience to be able to set up and supervise agencies/branches with the over-sight from head office operations.
- Proven capacity to effectively accomplish and excel expectations in respect of the duties described herein.
- Adequate command of English for effective development of reports and their meaningful communication to all concerned.
- Comprehensive knowledge of policies and procedures and Government laws and regulations on Auditing including a thorough knowledge of conflict of interest and related ethics.
- Ability to adapt effectively to unexpected situations in AgRB.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested and qualified applicants must submit detailed CV and copies of certificates including names and telephone numbers of 3 referees with a cover letter addressed to:
Agave Rural Bank Ltd.
P. O. Box 52
Dabala, Volta Region