Jobs In Ghana 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana April 2019. Search & apply your dream jobs in Ghana today April 2019 with just a click away.Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of JobSearchGh. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Their is one good opportunity for West Africa Marketing Head - Ghana
Purpose of Job:
- Help provide the strategic direction for a portfolio of brands.
- Development of the Category Strategy, for a portfolio of brands, and Annual Brand Plans, encompassing the whole mix and ensure that this is fully implemented to time and budget.
- Drive volumes, market share, relative price index and net contribution for the portfolio of brands.
- Development of the - strategic vision for each brand, the Brand Architecture, the Brand Lighthouse (incl. it's positioning) and its place in the company's portfolio.
- To lead development of the Category Strategy including the Marketing Strategy. To develop and Implement Brand Plans (including the Investment Mix).
- Develop deep, actionable consumer understanding &insights on category, brand(s), competition, usage and attitudes and purchase behaviour.
- Lead development of the big idea, advertising, activation plans and PR as applicable for the portfolio of the brands.
- Media Planning &Implementation (as applicable).
- Consumer activations - Planning & Implementation.
- PR Plan.
- Help develop Trade Marketing plans with Sales/ Trade Marketing (Trade Promotion & Activation).
- Manage the development of design and pack changes.
- NPD - Rhythm Chart planning and development of new products in time through the - Stage-Gate methodology.
- The management of A&P (Advertising & Promotion) spends.
- Regular evaluation of A&P activity.
- Commissioning, execution and presentation of findings of market research.
- Management of a team of Brand Managers.
- Selection, Evaluation & Management of Best in Class Ad Agencies, Design Agencies, Media Agencies, Activation Agencies & MR Agencies.
Skills & Competencies :
- Knowledge of basic marketing principles and processes
- Agency Processes: Ad agency, Design Agencies, Media agency, Research agencies, BTL agencies etc.
- Selection of agencies.
- Briefing the agencies with well thought of creative briefs, media briefs, research briefs and activation briefs as the case may be.
- Ability to objectively develop & judge advertisements, designs, media plans, research proposals, discussion guides, questionnaires and BTL proposals.
- Media Plans: Plan, Innovate, Implement, Control, Evaluate.
- Consumer & Trade Activation: Plan, Innovate, Implement, Control, Evaluate.
- Manage the above mentioned agencies to get the maximum effectiveness.
- Understand the cost structure for ad agency, media, research, BTL.
- Ability to develop strong Consumer Understanding through immersions and formal Market Research:
- Understanding consumers existing and future needs.
- Understanding consumers, their attitudes & behaviour in general and to the brand and the category.
- Understand purchase behaviour.
- Finding and analysing consumer need gaps.
- Understanding of and ability to implement formal Consumer Research - Qual & Quant.
- Brand Tracks
- Product Tests
- Concept Tests
- Concept Product Tests
- Ad Testing
- Brand Equity and Varianting Study
- Ethnographical methods
- Understanding of how PR works in the market and development & implementation of relevant strategies.
- Developing a future vision.
- Conversion of business goals to marketing plans.
- Conversion of consumer insights into marketing ideas.
- Brand Equity Development & Management:
- Developing Brand Lighthouses based on consumer understanding.
- Ability to rigorously maintain brand identity in all branding activities.
- Ability to conceptualise & develop the Brand Architecture.
- Ability to develop a portfolio strategy for the business.
- Put together the Category Strategy with cross-functional inputs and over a longer horizon.
- Put together Brand Plans that synthesises big-picture and detail.
- Lead development of activity plans.
- Ability to configure well thought of and innovative BTL schemes and activations.
- Day to Day management of advertising & media, research and BTL.
- Understands business situation and sees clearly what is to be done and how to do it.
- Knowledge of the Stage-Gate NPD process - Ability to champion a new product idea through stages and gates.
- Analytical skills
- Identification of opportunities and issues
- Ability to develop hypothesis for each issue and come up with alternative ideas.
- Analysing sales, media and research data.
- Use of data to create detailed, fact based and logical arguments.
- Present Analysis and Conclusions in a clear, structured manner.
- Understand Brand Performance from P&L.
- Ability to understand brand and market dynamics:
- Understanding and tracking of brand vs .competition (including strategies, gathering intelligence, activities etc.)
- Understanding Trade & Trade structure.
- People skills
- Develop a strategic contact matrix - internal and external to ensure that brand plans are achieved.
- Communication skills
- Ability to interact vertically and laterally - discuss issues openly, confidently and with clarity to deliver solutions.
- Persuade and influence at any level.
- Ability to produce/ present business documents which have well laid out arguments.
- Conveys ideas effectively.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Planning & conducting negotiations.
- Commercial understanding
- Identify Profitable and sub-optimal SKU's and plan marketing strategies accordingly (invest, exit decisions).
- Manage A&P budgets (Plan, Track).
- Review P&L monthly and take corrective actions.
- Coordinates a KPI review monthly.
- Project management
- Set objectives, time lines & responsibilities.
- Ability to break projects to components and identify critical path.
- Manage day to day communication to ensure projects are progressing on time and on budget.
- Ensure that agreed procedures are followed in terms of processes quotations, estimates, proof of work with invoices etc.
- A thorough understanding of lead time cycle for various activities.
- Ability to issue well thought of briefs for NPDs & tracking deadlines.
- Brings in a speed and urgency culture.
- Manufacturing Process
- USPs vs competition, if any
- Has good working relationship with superiors, peers and subordinates and external customers and is well acceptable to them.
- Supports other team members (the wider country team) depending on the need.
- Has a thorough understanding of how marketing impacts other groups in the company.
- Maintains two way communications with internal and external teams.
- Seeks out and leads change, challenges the norms/ status quo.
- Instills belief and passion among sales, finance & supply chain (including manufacturing) to enthuse, motivate and inspire higher levels of performance on the portfolio.
- Is able to create and drive initiatives independently
Reporting to: CEO - Africa
Reported By: Marketing Managers of Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Ivory Coast & Francophone Countries
QUALIFICATION& EXPERIENCE :
- The ideal candidate will have at least a Bachelor's degree; Master's degree in Business Administration (Major-Marketing) would be a plus
- 15 + years of experience in FMCG Sales and Marketing function, with stints/ exposure to brand roles/ market and innovation research / product design/ marketing communication in FMCG sector.
- The incumbent should be strong on business orientation, execution of change projects (project management), analytical capabilities and knowledge of marketing best practices relevant to the industry.
- The incumbent should have led a team and acquired well-developed ability in influencing senior business leaders.
- Direct exposure to global market is preferred.
Interested applicants should: