Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
SNV Netherlands Development is a not-for-profit international development organization that has built a long-term local presence in 38 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin-America. SNV Ghana implements projects to improve individual lives and contributes to solving global challenges in the areas of Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. SNV’s implementation approach focuses on developing innovative solutions to alleviate poverty through sustainable and locally-led development.
- Incubating inclusive business: through PPPs, 2SCALE works together with private enterprises to develop agribusiness models that promote inclusiveness, develop (new) competitive edge, and have potential for scaling. PPPs support value chain development and agribusiness cluster formation. The agribusiness cluster approach helps smallholder farmers develop farming as a business and supply agricultural products for local, national, regional and international markets. 2SCALE partners with African and multinational agri-food companies as drivers to increase productivity and to improve efficiency and sustainability of supported agribusiness clusters and value chains. Specific attention is given to youth and women to integrate value chains (as farmers, laborers, entrepreneurs, service providers), and to low income / “base of the pyramid” (BoP) consumers that represent the largest market for food products in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Replicating inclusive business: through PPPs, 2SCALE supports the replication of most successful business models, in different settings (regions, industries), with the same or different private partners.
- Facilitating sector transformation and policy alignment: 2SCALE also supports partnering enterprises to drive sector transformation and policy alignment for critical bottlenecks that cannot be solved by the actors within the focus PPPs, and which affects a number of actors in the sector simultaneously.
- Coordinate and implement scoping and brokering activities to identify the next generation of lead partners for 2SCALE.
- Lead the preparation of partnership recommendation documents for discussion with the Dutch Embassy in the country and submission to the Selection Committee.
- Facilitate the development of a transformative results-driven portfolio of PPPs with identified lead partners, in compliance with the 2SCALE PPP Protocol and related documents.
- Supervise and support the team of 2SCALE partnership facilitators in the country to develop, implement and monitor PPPs with identified lead partners, and to ensure inclusive partnership governance arrangements.
- Oversee and coordinate women economic empowerment and youth inclusion efforts in all PPPs, ensure review/capitalization of experiences across the country, and documentation of cases.
- Lead the mobilization and reporting of private sector contributions related to the country PPP portfolio.
- Ensure that corporate social responsibility and environmental considerations are included in all program activities, and report on them in a timely manner.
- Collaborate closely with partnership facilitators, cross-cutting and other program staff to facilitate their activities as envisioned in work plans. Ensure that all country activities are well coordinated, consistent and focused.
- Facilitate the development of PPP strategies that are gender-transformative, foster youth inclusion, and are environmentally sustainable.
- Collect and analyze market and industry information related to anticipated and existing PPPs under her/ his responsibility.
- Design, formalize, implement, monitor and document PPPs with private business champions (companies or cooperatives) and other relevant private/ public partners.
- Collaborate with the Communication Specialists to develop outreach materials in a frequent manner, and ensure the visibility of the PPPs and their development (achievements, challenges, lessons learnt).
Required Skills or Experience
Applicant must have relevant knowledge in Private Sector, and understand the dynamics of agribusiness operations. He/she must have strong communication and networking skills.
- Minimum six years’ experience in setting-up and managing large (inter)national programmes;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in agribusiness operations;
- Master’s degree in one of the following: Agricultural; Agriculture Economics, and/or related field;
- Experience in managing a team of professionals;
- Excellent skills in planning, reporting and presentation.
Advertisement: Scroll down to keep reading
Application Guidelines: Please read these carefully. Failure to comply will adversely affect your application.
- Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their applications in English in the form of a one-page letter and current CV outlining experience, qualifications and three reference contacts by email to SNV HR at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5:00pm, January 10th 2019.
- Only those applicants whose work experience and education meet the mandatory requisites below will be considered for the position.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted