Jobs In Sunyani 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana July 2019. Please do not pay anybody a fee before getting a job.
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
To supervise the underground mine infrastructure operational personnel and activities and manage the operation of the associated production plant and equipment with the aims of delivering optimum mine productivity whilst maintaining the highest standards in regard to safety, efficiency and good housekeeping
- Supervise operations in the crushing plant and other underground mine infrastructure to ensure they meet the needs of the business.
- Schedule and deploy personnel, equipment and supplies necessary for the successful operation of the underground mine infrastructure.
- Notify management of any detectable and / or prolonged production variance.
- Coordinate production shutdowns and start-ups of the underground mine infrastructure to minimize delays.
- Manage and control costs within own area, where possible (i.e. reduce waste, improve operational control).
- Request services from other departments as required.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs which will assist in enhancing the performance of the process plant operation.
- Coordinate and execute procedural and operational projects and changes within the underground mine infrastructure areas by following the change management procedure
- Complete all tasks identified in the underground mine infrastructure operations MOS elements to the specified quality and timeliness as assigned to this role.
- Other tasks or duties within the individuals skill set as directed by the general foreman, underground maintenance superintendent or senior mine officials. Underground mine infrastructure operations supervision
- Supervise shift teams responsible for the operation of the crushing plant and other underground mine infrastructure.
- Oversee the progress made by the shift team and monitor results and quality at each operation stage.
- Provide hands-on assistance during operational and maintenance activities and ensure that safe work practices are followed.
- Assume plant operator functions as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Instruct shift team personnel on safe work practices and conduct work place inspections on a regular basis by:
o Inspecting and examining each operating area within their scope of responsibility regularly.
- Comply with all HSLP, Environment and Social Responsibility requirements under Newmont’s Integrated Management System.
- Support and conduct risk assessments for tasks and provide expert advice for operational safety.
- Actively promote safety in the workplace both within and external to the operations team.
- Prepare shift production and operating reports, complete work requests, prepare purchase / warehouse requisitions and prepare employee time and attendance reports.
- Complete reports accurately detailing production variances, restrictions, hazards, maintenance requirements and corrective actions.
- Coordinate and assist operations and maintenance personnel with troubleshooting plant and equipment defects / malfunctions.
- Perform equipment isolations, in accordance to established procedures.
- Liaise with the maintenance department in defining maintenance requirements for the underground mine infrastructure outside of regular business hours to maintain production requirements and targets.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ Degree in Extractive Metallurgy or Chemistry or equivalent is highly desirable.
- A trade qualification in a mechanical, electrical or automation field is highly desirable.
- Demonstrable knowledge of mineral processing principles and mining industry standard
- Advanced knowledge of crushing plant equipment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of industrial plant and equipment operations.
- Advanced knowledge of industrial work management processes.
- Previous underground experience will be highly desirable.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in metalliferous mining
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in an industrial environment.
- Previous process operating experience, particularly with crushing plants.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), CMMS/ERP and MS Project.
- Advanced information monitoring and management skills.
- Possess good planning and organising skills.
- Possess good time management and task prioritisation skills. Be experienced with document management.
- Capacity planning skills.
- Strong business continuity management skills.
- Quality management skills.
- Demonstrate good report writing skills.
- Strong conflict management and influencing skills.
- Advanced project/programme management skills.
- Ability to provide management and support staff with clear and detailed information or guidance to perform their assigned roles.
- Ability to use maintenance planning tools (i.e. SAP).
- Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical engineering drawings, blueprints and manuals.
- Safety conscious.
- Methodical and logical.
- Display initiative.
Position in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- work environment: The noise level in the office work environment is minimal, however the employee is occasionally required to operate in a safety-critical environment with hazardous materials and potentially harmful / dangerous machinery and equipment. The employee will be required to work underground. Occasional exposure to noise, fumes, high temperature hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, slippery surfaces etc.
- protective equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs, and dust mask based on working conditions.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.