Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
It is hard to believe that today over 650 million people still do not have clean, safe water and over 2.4 billion live without a toilet. The resulting diseases kill one child every minute.
WaterAid Ghana is looking for a Finance Manager to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
Working within the Finance & IT Department, you will be reporting to the Head of Finance & IT. You will support the Head of Finance to provide strategic financial advice to the Country Director and the Senior Management Team (SMT) of WaterAid Ghana. You will also support the delivery of good financial management, ensuring effective application of financial policies and procedures both within the Country Programme (CP) and partner organisations. You will lead the implementation of effective and efficient financial management controls, ensuring safeguarding of financial and other assets of WaterAid-Ghana.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing support and assisting the CP to prepare its annual budget in a manner that will ensure efficient implementation of country programme activities.
- Leading on the provision of monthly management accounts reporting financial performance, explaining reasons for deviations from plans, and proposing major actions required to address any major deviations.
- Ensuring the timely submission of high quality financial reports, for internal and external audiences. Proactively draw attention to any problem areas and initiate solutions in consultation with the Head of Finance & IT and other staff as appropriate.
- Supporting the completion of new and potential partner capacity assessments, making recommendations on whether to engage in a partnership arrangement with such partners as well as identifying risk management plans, partner financial management capacity needs and plans where required.
- Supporting and reviewing the development of financial plans for funding proposals and monitor expenditure against grant agreements, working with the SMT to resolve issues as necessary.
- Supporting on the internal and external audits and to coordinate the development and implementation of any action plans to address external and internal audit recommendations.
- Providing support, training and monitoring of the other WaterAid staff and partners organisations.
To be successful, you will need to have:
- Degree level education with full certification/qualification in ACCA/CIMA/CA or equivalent. An MBA in Finance/Accounting is an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an accounting function in a development organisation.
- Ability to plan own work, setting priorities and completing it under pressure or when faced with competing demands.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills and the numerical ability to understand budgets and to monitor costs.
- Ability to use financial systems/applications, provide financial analysis and interpretation to SMT for decision-making.
- Ability to work as part of a team; sensitive to others, including cross-cultural and cross-gender awareness
- Good command of English language , ability to communicate clearly both when speaking and writing at all levels
- A sound knowledge of financial control procedures.
- Knowledge of government policies and regulations on financial management and taxation
Visit our global WaterAid website to see the full job description of the role: ?https://www.wateraid.org/jobs-and-volunteering.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: