Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The mission of Grameen Foundation USA (“Grameen”) is to enable the poor, especially women, to create a world without hunger and poverty. Grameen was founded in 1997, inspired by the work of Nobel Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus, founder of Grameen Bank and a global leader in the fight against poverty.
In October 2016, Grameen and the global nonprofit Freedom from Hunger (FFH) joined forces under the banner of Grameen Foundation. The integration of the two organizations brings together Grameen’s expertise in digital innovation to end poverty and Freedom from Hunger’s focus on providing the world’s poorest women with self-help tools to reduce hunger and poverty.
At the core of our combined strategic direction is integrated programming that incorporates the multiple dimensions of poverty, including lack of financing, poor health, lack of education and disempowerment – particularly for women.
ABOUT GRAMEEN FOUNDATION
- Learn about our rich, innovative organizational culture and work approach here.
- Learn about our Mission, Work, and Impact here.
This position will be responsible for software development for the SAT4Farm project. The ideal candidate has a passion and skill for requirements gathering, product ideation, rapid prototyping, making things work in challenging environments, and seeing the impact of their work first-hand.
She/he should be a good communicator and problem solver who adapts easily to new environments, likes to tinker, and can deliver under pressure
.This individual will use deep knowledge in software design and programming and proven skills in working with software development teams to develop a suite of web and mobile tools for projects focused on developing a scalable suite of ICT-based services that will be implemented to help promote the mission and vision of Grameen Foundation.
Work involves partnering closely with the Technology Innovations Manager and Group Manager, Software Development, to configure, design, refine and build suite of mobile tools and deliver against deadlines and internal/external partner requirements. The Software Developer will be accountable for:
- Working with program team to develop/interpret technical specifications and designs
- Translating such specifications into appropriate, high quality and documented programs/applications, on time, for Grameen Foundation
- Adopting Grameen Foundation development processes, best practice methods, tools and coding guidelines
- Successfully communicating with the rest of the development team throughout the development process, participate in brainstorming sessions on design and implementation specifications, aid in code reviews, and incorporate feedback from code reviews into their own code
- Attending trainings and participating in, or leading knowledge transfer exercises. Where the candidate has superior knowledge, they will be expected to guide and train fellow team members
- Offering input in planning, brainstorming, specification and resource estimation processes prior to development
- Assisting in deployment and technical support of developed systems and applications
- Being aware of current trends and techniques in the chosen tools, platforms and technologies
- Bring expertise to bear to provide support for existing technologies that has been developed by Grameen foundation
- Bring expertise to bear in new opportunities development in the technology space for Grameen Foundation
- Create a demonstration of MOTECH components internally to assist with use in other potential projects
- Assist in analyzing the level of effort needed to take on a new treatment area (e.g. HIV, TB, vaccinations, etc.)
- Assist in analyzing what kind of service offerings GF can give to other organizations using MOTECH
- Create a product sheet of MOTECH components
Required Skills or Experience
- Familiarity with system specification and design as well as various development processes and paradigms (required)
- Knowledge of Java and multi-tier design (required)
- Knowledge of salesforce.com development environment and knowledge of apex programming is a plus
- Knowledge of data models, database design and object oriented programming is a plus
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development (+)
- Familiarity with J-unit (+)
- Mobile application development (+)
- Source/code control (+)
- Web-services and cloud computing experience (+)
- Familiarity with deploying and managing services on a UNIX/Linux operating system (+)
- Programming in a team environment
- English proficiency is needed
- SQL Knowledge (Required)
- Familiarity with Mysql and MSSQL (+)
- Eclipse, Sublime Text or similar IDE tools
- Git, Mercurial or similar source control tools/technologies (+)
- Familiarity with project management tools
EDUCATION BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years’ or equivalent experience as part of a software development team
- Experience in developing web applications. Development for mobile and Android experience are a plus.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
All interested applicants should send a copy of their application letter and CV to
before close of day on 6th December, 2018.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.