Agricultural Jobs In Accra : Ministry of Food and Agriculture Job Vacancy For National Programme CoordinatorAgricultural Jobs In Ghana 2019
Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The Ghana Agricultural Sector Investment Programme (GASIP) is a Government of Ghana (GoG) programme designed to provide a framework for a long-term financing arrangement for private sector-led, pro-poor agricultural value chain development in Ghana. Financiers are International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the Government of Ghana (GoG). The Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MoFA) is the implementing ministry
The Programme has three components.
Component 1 (Value Chain Development) is central to ensuring strong business linkages among actors in the entire value chains of commodities, to ensure they meet market or consumer and industry demands. It has three sub-components: (i) Agribusiness linkage development; (ii) Rural financial services and (iii) Climate Change Resilience—which is mainstreamed into value chain interventions to reduce risks, enhance profitability and sustainable production systems.
Component 2 (Rural Value Chain Infrastructure) is aimed at providing the enabling infrastructure to catalyse value chain development. It has two sub-components: (i) Productive Infrastructure and Facilities—aimed at encouraging investments in commercial infrastructure and facilities for the selected value chains; and (ii) Enabling Public Infrastructure— aimed to finance enabling public infrastructure for the growth and viability of selected value chains.
Component 3 (Knowledge Management, Policy Support and Coordination) aimed at harnessing successful lessons for replication and providing an enabling environment for optimization of programme opportunities and benefits.
Line Management: Chief Director of the Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MoFA)
The National Programme Coordinator (NPC) coordinates all activities and ensures that GASIP is implemented according to the conditions of the loan financing agreement, the Programme Design Report (PDR) and the Programme Implementation Manual (PIM).
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Overseeing the effective and efficient implementation of the programme at the national and zonal offices
• Directing and supervising the day-to-day operations of the programme, guided by the PDR, PIM and the AWPB, providing any necessary amendments to ensure smooth performance
• Identifying and engaging relevant Implementation and Technical Partners
• Overseeing the preparation of AWPBs of the Programme with the participation and inputs of all key stakeholders
• Supervising the design and implementation of a participatory results-based Monitoring and Evaluation framework
• Ensuring that all contractual obligations are adhered to
• Regularly appraising staff and providing feedback and support to enable them perform their respective duties
• Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with all programme participants and stakeholders – including MoFA and other Government agencies, development partners, the private sector and NGOs
• Promoting collaboration among Development Partners (DPs) and the private sector on value chain development
• Take full responsibility for procurement of goods and services and approve contracts for all transactions after obtaining the necessary “no objections”
• Ensuring timely preparation and submission of mandatory reports e.g. M&E data and reports and their wide access and distribution
• Promoting knowledge sharing and learning within the programme and with other partners.
• Support external missions to foster joint learning process that improves programme implementation to achieve impact; and
• Undertake any other responsibility that will ensure smooth and effective implementation of the Programme.
Qualification Required & Experience
• At least a Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Agriculture, Project Management, Agricultural Economics or other related academic field of study;
• At least 15 years of relevant work experience in agricultural research and development issues including policy, design and implementation of agricultural value chain programmes (at least 5 of which should have been in a senior management position);
• Experience in working for International Financial Institutions or development partner-funded programmes or similar market-oriented rural development interventions; and
• Knowledge of Government of Ghana and IFAD or development partner-funded policies and procedures on gender, environment and general programme finance and administration management.
• Ability to inspire confidence and develop good working relationships with project implementation partners;
• Staff management experience including recruitment, appraisals and managing performance;
• Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others;
• Experience working with the private sector;
• Experienced in electronic data processing and analysis; and
• Strong analytical and market-oriented skills.
• The position will be on a contract basis for two (2) years with the possibility of extension depending on satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 10 December, 2018