Jobs In Accra 2020
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The PIU services require a wide range of professional skills and experiences. The PIU shall be a Firm capable of assembling a Team of Key Personnel with in-depth knowledge and experience in international best practices in Program and Project Management and technical expertise in the implementation of large infrastructure works projects and IT projects, particularly in the electricity sector.
To provide IT technical expertise and support, with a focus on Utility Commercial and Business Systems, in relation to planned IT projects as follows:
- Enterprise Resource Planning (“ERP”)
- Outage Management System (“OMS”)
- Geographic Information System (“GIS”)
- Meter Management System (“MMS”),
- Data Centre & Communication Network Upgrade (“DCCN”)
- Customer Census
- Customer Information System (“CIS”)
The Expert’s role and responsibility in broad terms are to:
- Provide direct Project Management inputs and oversight to support the MiDA teams in the implementation of the respective IT projects (listed above)
- To identify the challenges and critical issues effecting the implementation of the IT related projects, and design strategies, to assist and accelerate project implementation. In particular, he/she will review software integration and ensure these systems are implemented with minimal duplication of efforts. In addition, he/she will assist in change management issues related to migration of existing systems onto the new IT systems and business suits
- Provide the necessary second level quality checks and reviews of consultants’ designs for the IT and business systems.
- Ensure prudent Schedule Management as well as project assurances and controls on the projects.
- Ensure that the IT business related Projects are delivered to the highest quality and completed in a timely manner.
- Provide effective liaison and coordination with the other professional experts to ensure effective execution of the tasks under this ToR.
This position will commence in March 2019
IT & Business Systems Expert
? Minimum Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc., BS, B Tech, BBA, B.Eng.) in relevant fields (see below),
? Must be registered with a recognized professional institution in any of the relevant fields listed below.
? Fluent in English (written and oral).
? Program Management, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Operations, Project Management, Process Engineering, Procurement/Purchasing or Supply Chain Management.
Work Experience Relevant to the Assignment
· A minimum of 12 years’ of demonstrated, proven and strong experience in Program Management, Construction /Engineering Management, with focus on preparation of designs, technical and functional specifications, cost estimate for installation of IT systems and Business systems applications.
· 12 years’ experience in developing IT automation systems and business processes for planning, engineering and operations processes for electric utility or similar industry.
· Ten years’ experience in providing supervision and oversight services for IT and Business Systems Software Applications and managing interfaces with other applications, formulating and defining system scope and objectives through research as well as utilize understanding of the applicable business systems and industry requirements.
· Experience with the implementation of IT systems and Business Process Transformation in electric utilities will be an advantage
Working Experience in a Developing Country
· Minimum 5 years’ work experience in the sub-Saharan African region or developing countries.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: