Jobs In Accra 2020
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Ghana News Agency (GNA), the only national wire service in-charge of collection, packaging and dissemination of news, is inviting applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians to fill the under-mentioned vacant positions.
Object of Position
• To provide leadership, co-ordination, guidance and supervision of the administrative operations of the Agency
• The Director of Administration is the Head of Administration and Human Resource
• Handling of General Administrative matters
• Serving as secretary to the Board of Directors, Keeping the record of meetings of the board and communicating decisions of the board to relevant individuals and bodies through the General Manager
• Developing a staff performance appraisal system
• Advising senior management on human resource policy
• Planning and drawing up strategy for capacity building within the Agency
• Handling any other duties that may be assigned by the General Manager
Object of Position
• To provide leadership, co-ordination, guidance and supervision of the Business operations of the Agency
The Business Development Manager is the Head of the Business Department
• Developing strategies for new sources of revenue for the GNA
• Setting annual targets for the staff of the department
• Drawing up staff annual training programme
• Coordinating the GNA's business and corporate Planning activities
• Performing any other relevant functions as directed by the General Manager
• Reports on Internal Audit activities
• Responsible to the Principal Internal Auditor
• Oversee all technology operations (e.g network security) and evaluate them according to established goals
• Identify security vulnerabilities and eliminate them with strategic solutions that increase data safety Direct and support implementation of software and hardware upgrades
• Identify and recommend new technology solutions for implementation of strategies set by upper management
• Analyse the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
• Purchase efficient and cost effect technological equipment and software
• Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
• Identify the needs for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management
• Coordinate IT staff and other professionals to provide guidance
• coordinating IT activities to ensure data availability and network services with as little downtime as necessary
• Control budget and report on expenditure
• Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Click on a position above to read more and apply