Jobs In Sunyani 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
- To manage all resources required to execute mining operational activities in a safe manner in relation to approved SOP/STP’s and Regulatory Standards.
- Must ensure efficiency in every operational activity and adapt Newmont best practices from around the world and focus on training the national workforce to sustain and improve on these best practices.
- Coordinate and manage daily operations of the Ahafo pit in the areas of drilling, blasting, loading, hauling, and project tasks.
- Insure the pit is operated safely by helping to develop and operating to the company’s safety management standards.
- Insure the pit is operated in compliance with the company’s environmental standards.
- Investigate alternative ways to improve production, productivity, and reduce costs and have them implemented. This includes:
- Hot change optimization.
- Shift Foremen training and mentoring.
- Mine General Foremen training and mentoring.
- Coordinate with Learning & Development to improve operator skills
- Administer and ensure compliance with all company policies
- Equipment utilization improvements.
- Road construction and maintenance.
- Improving blasting fragmentation.
- Assist implementing MineStar.
- Investigate owner vs. contractor to reduce costs in D&B.
- Participate in hiring of a qualified workforce.
- Assist in the development of training programs for the nationals and help with the training.
- Address personnel work performance issues and correct them.
- The ability to coordinate, interact and manage contractors and assist with construction projects.
- Assist in developing and managing an annual budget.
- Interact and provide feedback to the mine engineers to optimize plans.
- Interact and provide feedback to the mine maintenance to optimize equipment availability and reliability.
- Interact positively with other groups including Process, Geology, Community Relations, Human Relations, Materials, Projects and Accounting to insure Ahafo’s success.
- Coordinate staff schedules within the group.
Training & Experience
- B.Sc. or MSc Degree in Mine Engineering, Geology, Civil Engineering or related field
- A minimum of 12 years’ experience in open pit mining and mine development.
- Overseas experience would be a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven leadership and strong negotiation skills.
- Advanced level technical communications, personal interaction and presentation skills required.
- Understanding of continuous improvement concepts
- Experience with Mine Dispatch System
- Primarily field work in an open pit mine with some office work.
- Must be sensitive to cultural differences at the operations within the Company
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: