Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and have mines and projects in the United States,Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 6,000 people worldwide.
Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline. We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work,and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate.
At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet, but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate. Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Be on standby at the Mine Rescue Station to respond to all emergencies both underground and surface.
- Inspect all underground ladders, Self-contained Self-rescuer (SCSR), fire extinguishers, hose reels, fire hydrants and surface installation ways and report to the Supervisor.
- Dismantle, wash, assemble and test all breathing apparatus after operations and ensure they are in good working condition.
- Assist in keeping entire Rescue Station tidy, train new Rescue Brigades men and also educate workers on emergency escape techniques.
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned by your supervisor in accordance with the Company’s policies.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must possess at least MSLC/SHS Certificate or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ working experience as a Brigades man.
- Must possess valid First Aid and Mine Rescue Certificates.
- Must have thorough understanding of underground mining operations, and solid safety performance at the personal and professional level.
- Must be physically fit and have good attitude towards work.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with defensive driving skills.
- Must be able to drive underground.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Applicants with the requisite qualifications should send their CVs and copies of relevant certificates to the address below not later than 30th November, 2018.
The Human Resources & C/PR Manager Chirano Gold Mines Limited
P. O. Box 57
Applicants are to indicate the position in the subject area when applying online.