Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and have mines and projects in the United States,Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 6,000 people worldwide.
Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline. We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work,and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate.
At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet, but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate. Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the mine on your shift in both development and production of a trackless mechanized mine and also actively participate in the company’s Continuous Improvement programme.
- Responsible for all aspects of Development Drilling, Production Drilling, Charging and Blasting, Bogging, Hauling Systems and Methodologies.
- Answer queries and assist Mine Captains in handling requests related to mine operations.
- Discuss short-range mine plans with the Mine Captains and Chief Mining Engineer to ensure they are realistic and achievable.
- Monitor equipment availability and assess production priorities based on availability of equipment.
- Participate and/or develop applicable Standard Operating Procedures for Underground Operations.
- Assist in preparing reports and completing documentations related to Mine Operations.
- Provide training, workplace inspection and safety awareness to contractors and CGML Operations staff.
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned by your supervisor in accordance with the Company’s policies.
Required Skills or Experience
- Diploma/Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years working experience in an underground mining environment
- Must have a statutory certification from the Inspectorate Division as an Underground Mine Captain/Shift Boss
- Must be a holder of Mine Rescue and valid First Aid Certificates
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the Duty of Care Standards, Occupational Health & Safety Regulations, and Mining Inspection Act & Regulations.
- Must have thorough understanding of underground mining operations, and solid safety performance at the personal and professional level.
- Must be able to apply standards, policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
- Must have good working knowledge with MS Office Suite.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with defensive driving skills.
- Ability to drive and operate underground equipment will be an added advantage.
- A proven successful track record of leading teams and managing people
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Applicants with the requisite qualifications should send their CVs and copies of relevant certificates to the address below not later than 30th November, 2018.
The Human Resources & C/PR Manager Chirano Gold Mines Limited
P. O. Box 57
Applicants are to indicate the position in the subject area when applying online.