Jobs In Ghana 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Ma’aden Alumina is seeking a certified professional with solid experience in Bayer Process equipment for Alumina refinery or similar. The ideal candidate must be able to perform Engineering activities and design for existing and future Green and Brown-field projects and to fulfill Departmental needs and support engineering operation within the Company.
Main responsibilities-Senior Civil-Structural Engineer job description
The expectation of capabilities and duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Basic engineering design and calculation reports
- Technical Clarifications and Bid Evaluation Reports
- Equipment Cost, Qty and/or Weight estimations
- Interface with other disciplines
- Vendor Data Review/Approval / Review Manufacturer Data Report (MDR)
- Inspection assistance (which will include own Technical Analyses of test results)
- Ability to solve site related issues / Support to Technical Queries (TQ’s)
- Possess relevant qualification and knowledge, professional experience, good professional judgment, responsive and pro-active in execution of project, and ability to handle different situations
- Produce Quality Engineering deliverables / engineering service and meeting Client expectation
- Able to support the achievement of project milestone / schedule, and business goals
- Fulfill QA /HSE aspects, with acceptable team-works
- Ability to Lead / coach /guide young engineers in their future professional development
- Designs construction projects by studying project concept, architectural drawings, and models.
- Prepares engineering design by collecting and studying reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs and tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and related topographical and geologic data.
- Determines project costs by calculating labor, material, and related costs.
- Prepares feasibility study by analyzing engineering design; conducting environmental impact studies; assembling data.
- Prepares engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans, and schedules.
- Confirms adherence to construction specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress; inspecting construction site; verifying calculations and placements.
- Fulfills project requirements by training and guiding operators.
- Maintains operations by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering data; completing backups.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities-Senior Civil-Structural Engineer job description
The ideal candidate shall possess a recognized Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering (B.E. Hons or equivalent), Second-class upper (or first class) and be fluent in professional English (oral and written) with good communication skills.
He shall possess at least 5 years design experience or a minimum 10 years field experience in alumina refinery or heavy industry. In addition, having at least 2 years of experience in EPC Contracting work will be an advantage, including adequate Site and Test-Witness experience,
Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet).
He shall have the ability to utilize a CAD package such as Corel Cad, Micro-station or similar commercially available software.
He shall be able to work independently with the ability to Lead a team of Engineers for related BU projects
He shall be able to produce Engineering specifications, perform Equipment selection in fast-track environments and conduct technical clarification meetings with potential Bidders
Be thorough with the standards and good engineering or industry best practices. He shall have a solid familiarity with applicable relevant international codes such as API, ASME/ANSI , NFPA, NACE, EN and ISO.
He must possess detailed knowledge of his field and able to perform technical audit / Pre-qualification meeting at Vendor’s premises as required.
Ability to train and mentor junior engineers
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk as applicable in support of required duties.
NB:ALL APPLICANTS SHOULD POSSES A TRAVELLING PASSPORT AND ARE TO KNOW THAT ITS AN EXPATRAIT JOB.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Send your CV and supporting documents to email@example.com
For Further Inquiries Contact us on; 0558120597 / 0242510782
NB : Kindly use the position you are applying for as the subject of your email
Closing Date : 15th December, 2018