Jobs In Accra 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana. Search & apply your dream jobs in Ghana today with just a click away.Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of JobSearchGh. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tullow Oil is a leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company primarily focused on Africa and South America with a portfolio of 90 licences across 16 countries.
Since 2006, Tullow has had interests in two licences in offshore Ghana. In 2008, Tullow was appointed as the Jubilee Field Operator and, working with its joint venture partners and the Government of Ghana, went on to achieve first oil in November 2010. The Jubilee field has become Tullow’s key asset generating significant high-margin oil production. Tullow’s second major discovery and subsequent development in Ghana is the TEN fields where first oil was successfully achieved on time and on budget in August 2016.
There are further exploration opportunities for Tullow Ghana including expanding Jubilee to include outlying deep-water reserves. More information can be found here: Ghana BU
The Senior Government & Public Affairs Advisor is responsible for the identification of emerging political issues of potential relevance to Tullow’s business, in order to mitigate business risk, and supports the development of positions, responses and government advocacy strategies to manage impacts.
Tullow Ghana Limited (TGL) is seeking to hire a Senior Government & Public Affairs Advisor based in Accra to play a key role in supporting the development and execution of Issues Management Plans, the TGL Stakeholder Engagement plan, and its delivery against Tullow Group standards relating to stakeholder management including:
- Providing regular and proactive analysis and reports of national and regional political/policy issues (using both field and desktop research) of relevance to Tullow’s Ghanaian operating environment, plus ad hoc proactive reporting of critical issues and industry intelligence.
- Developing coherent and robust political, economic and social risk scenarios as input to Tullow Ghana’s strategic planning and external stakeholder management.
- Undertaking Economic and Political analysis and stakeholder engagement to understand issues, develop positions and gather relevant compelling international benchmarks.
- Maintaining the TGL Stakeholder Register to enable rapid identification of stakeholder groups by issue or entity. Drafting engagement briefs to outline the context, objectives, participants and key messages required to support delivery of Issues Management Plans, including stakeholder profiles for external stakeholders.
- Developing relationships with relevant external political consultants, policy advisers, think tanks, etc. to build network and provide information to the business on emerging/current political risks.
You will ideally be an experienced Government & Public Affairs professional with a strong understanding and appreciation of corporate reputation issues affecting the extractive industry, including an ability to build a holistic picture of the key factors as they affect individual operating companies. You will also be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- First degree from a leading university in Politics, Economics, Business or related field with a minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience in one or a combination of Economics/international business policy or strategy development and Government advocacy and/external affairs work.
- A good understanding of the political culture and government decision making processes in Ghana and the West Africa Region
- Politically non-partisan with significant contacts with key stakeholders in Ghana, including government, business and media, and strong networking skills. Familiar with and sensitive to Ghanaian customs and practices.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To achieve this, we offer our employees:
- A performance-driven culture that generates results.
- A commitment to your personal and professional development.
- A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
- A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities.
- Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.
Interested applicants should: