Jobs In Sunyani 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
The Advanced Driller is responsible for safely and efficiently operating a drill rig for the purpose of drilling holes of sufficient quality to allow proper sampling and blasting of ore and waste, including the precise drilling of angled holes for pre-splitting.
- Strictly adhere to all Newmont, Akyem, Ahafo, Ghana and regulatory agency, Health, Safety, Loss Prevention and Environmental requirements and standards.
- Complete all Pre-Start checks and Work Area Inspections – control risks and report defects through appropriate channels.
- Manage risks through the FLRA and JHA processes and follow through on procedures identified.
- Competently and safely operate a DML, Drill Tech D35, Cubix DR560 Pantera and D65 drill rig to drill blast holes to design specifications
- Properly drill angled holes according to design with the highest level of quality Manufacturer’s specifications
- Accurately complete the daily rig production sheet.
- Evaluate drill consumables to determine wear and requirement to change
- Change out drilling consumables as needed
Training & Experience
- Must hold valid permit to operate a DML, DrillTech D35, Cubix DR560 Pantera and a D65 Drill.
- Must hold a valid Blasting Certificate of Competency issues by the Minerals Commission.
- Current Ghanaian Class D/E driving license required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with or around drills in operation and minimum of 3 years of experience working as a Driller.
- Must be in good physical condition and capable of performing physical work for long periods
- Must be able to wear all required PPEs including: Safety-Toed Boots, Reflective Clothing, Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection and any additional PPE required for a specific task.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: