Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In Accra : Newmont Mining Corporation Job Vacancy For Administrative CoordinatorAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2019
Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname. Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Accountable for general office supplies management, a range of financial related activities for the department (such as petty cash/imprest management, invoice processing, and SAP requisitions), domestic travel reservations and general support of the department resulting in recommendations for service improvement.
- Manage and coordinate the following for effective administrative practices:
- IT request catalogs.
- Office supplies (stationary, beverage, consumables) through regular stock taking / inventory for cost effectiveness.
- Request, disburse and manage department’s imprest funds/petty cash including per diem allowances for all drivers.
- Perform monthly departmental cost reviews, prepare presentations and recommend effective cost strategies; and also implement strategies.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of department’s monthly accruals.
- Assist in compilation and analysis of actuals, budgeted and forecasted cost performance and financial results.
- Manage SAP requisitions and reservations for all support services’ contractors and vendors and ensure Service Entry sheet is created for all invoices and sent to Finance.
- Schedule and manage department’s quarterly business reviews, collate data and analysis for presentation at meetings, resolve and track actions.
- Coordinate and manage domestic business travel processes and provide timely updates when necessary.
- Coordinate some Departmental projects from initiation to completion.
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with all company policies, standard operating procedures and other documents that are appropriate to the work place.
- Act in the absence of Travel and Transport Supervisor.
- Work with the Finance Department to ensure expense reports are submitted, costs are allocated accurately, contractor invoices paid on time and all reconciliations are done monthly.
- Coordinate and follow up Supply Chain Department on all requisitions to confirm completion of processes in accordance with established procedures.
Work Scheduling and Allocation
- Accomplish work objectives by determining own work schedule.
Become familiar with and strictly adhere to Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards. Act as a role model in complying with and supporting these standards and practices.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Minimum of First Degree in Hospitality management, Business Administration, Finance or equivalent.
- Detailed knowledge of vendors and suppliers applicable to the department.
- Knowledge of administration and communication processes, procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of the Newmont’s invoicing and requisition processes, procedures and systems.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in Office Administration environment, with exposure to administrative activities.
- Strong experience in hospitality and third party contract management.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong system administration skills.
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Strong coordinating skills.
- Strong follow-up skills.
- Sound information monitoring and management skills.
- Deadline Driven.
- Detail focused.
- Telephone Etiquette.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit at a desk for extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the office work environment is minimal.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: