Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes a GE company has an exciting opportunity for an Employee Human Resource Manager to join our team based in Ghana.
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple senior leaders and employees within a complex business environment, including supporting multiple matrixed organizations with acquired businesses, union relations, or global footprints.
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple managers and employees with specific focus on: employee advocacy/engagement, HR fundamentals and process training, employee relations management, performance management, career development, talent assessment, acquisition and retention and workplace investigations as appropriate.
- First point of contact for employees and managers questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues; escalates concerns beyond their scope to HR Business Partners.
- Navigates employees and manager to HR Services when it is the more appropriate resource.
- Partner with HR Business Partners and O&TD professionals to execute business-specific strategies.
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved.
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment.
- Lead key HR processes including compensation planning and compliance.
- Conduct HR training, and support for functional processes like Performance Development, People Review, Salary Planning, New Employee Orientation and New Manager Assimilation.
- Assist with other special projects or initiatives as needed.
- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny and judgment.
- Conduct investigations including gathering, preserving, documenting and analyzing all available information and evidence, and in some circumstances, making recommendations to the business on disciplinary action.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to new team members or HR Specialists/Generalists
- Lead other site-wide HR projects as necessary, working across multiple client groups.
- Serve as the Human Resources/Employee Resources team subject matter expert for any of the specialty areas (GME, Immigration, Staffing, Payroll/Benefits, etc.) including managing all complex and escalated cases as well as providing training and support to other team members at your site/region (pull to bottom w/ investigations).
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple managers and employees within a complex business environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in related area (or a high school graduate/GED or equivalent.
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources or a related discipline.
- GE HRLP graduate or graduate of a similar program
- PHR/SPHR certification
- Passionate employee advocate who wants to make a difference in the organization by helping employees succeed.
- Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels.
- Desires employee-facing work; willingness to make horizontal moves to develop expertise.
- Strong customer service focus, with a high level of responsiveness.
- Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment; ability to diffuse a tense situation.
- Applies solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance & confidentiality.
- Strong interest in innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
- Understanding of HR concepts and principles with expertise in specialty area such as staffing, analytics, facilitation, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational & documentation skills
Interested applicants should: