Jobs In Ghana : Plan International Job Vacancy For Logistics and Procurement Coordinator - Central PUSupply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Ghana 2019
Jobs In Winneba 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Plan International Ghana, an international Child-Centered Community Development organization, is looking for a dynamic and results-oriented person to fill the position of PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTICS COORDINATOR for the Centrak Program Unit, Winneba. The position reports to the Program Unit Manager.
Dimensions of Role:
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
- Front Desk Assistant and Drivers report to the role
- Supervision of Janitors and Security company
- Area of Responsibility - Programme Unit (PU)
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
- Processes the purchase and supply of goods and materials for the PU as per the Operating Manual (OM) and local Procurement Guidelines and procedures to ensure value for money is obtained at all times.
- Ensures that all vendor details, and requisitions, are created and entered into SAP.
- Processes requisitions, price comparison, purchase orders, good receipt, purchasing history/records etc. in SAP.
- Processes payment requests for approval. Posts/enters and goods receipts into SAP for processing.
- Posts/enters material stocks and inventory into SAP and process same.
- Assists in the preparation and processing of bidding documents for public tender offers to ensure a fair and transparent process for securing the services of consultants and contractors.
- Ensures the effective allocation, utilization and management of PU vehicles for Plan International's activities as per the OM and local Procurement Guidelines and procedures with low incidence of vehicular accidents and reduced cost of repairs and maintenance.
- Ensures the adequate supply of utilities and maintenance of office equipment and machinery for the smooth flow of work in the office with minimum disruption of work outflow.
- Ensures the effective management of stores to ensure the effective implementation of programme activities with no reports or incidents on mismanagement of stores.
- Reviews, updates and maintains the Fixed Assets Register for the PU to keep and track all assets with no reports of loss of assets.
- Assists in the preparation, update and maintenance of contracts to keep and track all contracts without any reports on programme disruptions due to maladministration of contracts.
- Ensures the office and its environment are well kept and maintained to facilitate the smooth flow of office work without any adverse disruptions.
- Monitors and manages the Front Desk Assistant and Drivers and supervision of Janitors as well as security personnel to ensure they perform effectively and provide the required support services.
- Keeps the PUM informed of any initiative or difficulties related to the office for attention/redress for the provision of the required support services for programme implementation.
- Fulfills Plan International's Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
- Also fulfils Plan International's Gender Equality and Inclusion policy at all times.
- Produces and maintains an up-to date supplier database and price list for easy access to the required information that would ensure prompt procurement goods and materials for programme activities.
- Ensures Plan International's offices and staff are insured to safeguard life and property at all times to ensure that staff work effectively without any fear of non-protection
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the attainment of organizational goals.
Dealing with Problems:
Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them
This includes how much freedom the position has to make decisions; for example, “may approve invoices up to $1,000.”
- Understands administrative requirements as per the OM and local procurement guide and procedures and provides required services to staff
- Supports with coaching staff on the discharge of administrative functions
- Exhibits a good sense of judgment and responsibility in the performance of duties
- Works with minimum supervision
- Refers all final decision making to a senior manager
Communications and Working Relationships:
Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
- Keeps and maintain a high contact with contractors, service providers and suppliers for the provision of goods, material, equipments, utilities repairs and maintenance that would ensure Plan International receives value for money.
- Maintains a high contact with all country office staff to receive and process requests for administrative services
- Maintains medium contact with staff in the programme unit office to offer support, information, influence and or reasoning with regards to administration related issues.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role's Objectives:
Gained through education, training, & experience
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc. Administration or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years post qualification working experience in a similar position.
- Experience working with an international NGO would be an advantage.
Demonstrated behaviors needed by the post-holder to successfully perform the role:
- Timeliness and proactive in the discharge of duties
- Good planning organizational abilities
- Communicates in a manner that inspires confidence and professionalism
- Good supervisory and listening abilities
- Open to feedback and willingness to adopt to new approaches and processes
- Ability to inter-face with all levels of management
- Analytical and attention to detail
- Good team player
- Safety and security conscious
- Good presentation and attention to details
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice.
- Good communication and ICT skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good client/customer relations
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong team player
- High level of discretion
- Planning & organizing
Physical Environment and Demands:
May be “typical office environment”; note if heavy lifting, climbing, excess travel, etc.
This position requires 70% of travel time within the PU office and 30% on field related activities in the Programme Unit.
Level of Contact with Children:
Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
Mid contact: Occasional interaction with children
High level: Frequent interaction with children
Low contact - the job responsibilities of this position does not require the post holder to have any one-to-one contact with children on a daily basis. There would be occasional contact with children and it is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
Advertisement: Scroll down to keep reading
Interested applicants should: