Jobs In Accra 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana. Search & apply your dream jobs in Ghana today with just a click away.Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of JobSearchGh. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
For the past four decades, UNU has been a go-to think tank for impartial research on the pressing global problems of human survival, conflict prevention, development, and welfare. With more than 400 researchers in 13 countries, UNU’s work spans the full breadth of the 17 SDGs, generating policy-relevant knowledge to effect positive global change. UNU maintains more than 200 collaborations with UN agencies and leading universities and research institutions across the globe.
The United Nations University Institute for Natural Resources in Africa (UNU-INRA) is one of fifteen Research and Training Centres and Programmes (RTC/Ps) established by UNU worldwide. The mission of UNU-INRA is to strengthen the capacity of Africa’s universities and research institutions to conduct research and produce well-trained, well-equipped, and motivated individuals, capable of developing, adapting, and disseminating technologies that advance food security, promote conservation, and efficient use of the continent’s natural resources for sustainable development. For more information please visit inra.unu.edu.
We are currently looking for an outstanding individual with strong commitment and the potential to bring a significant contribution to the activities of UNU-INRA.
Reporting to and under the supervision of the Director of UNU-INRA, the Research and Administrative Assistant will:
- work in close collaboration with UNU-INRA project and administrative staff to provide day-to-day project and administrative support
- respond or draft responses to routine correspondence and other communications; use standard word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports
- monitor processes and schedules related the unit’s outputs, products, tasks, etc.; where applicable, assist in the verification of receipt and accuracy of requisite documents, approvals, signatures, etc. to ensure compliance with relevant legal, financial, and other requirements
- research, compile and organise information and reference materials from various sources for reports, work plans, studies, briefings, meetings/conferences, etc.
- generate a variety of standard statistical and other reports, work orders, etc., using various databases
- proofread documents and edit texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style, and for adherence to established standards for format
- provide secretarial, administrative, and logistics support to meetings, boards, committees, conferences, etc.
- assist in the preparation of presentation materials using appropriate technology/software
- maintains calendar/schedules; monitor changes and communicates relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit
- reviews, record, distribute, and/or process mail and other documents; follow-up on impending actions
- update and maintain large distribution lists; monitor, prepare, and distribute various materials and reports, where possible using electronic formats; handle arrangement for printing and translation as necessary; coordinate shipment arrangements, courier services, etc.
- perform general administrative tasks (e.g., leave and attendance recording, arrangements for meetings and other events, reservations, budget follow-up, etc.), to include preparing and/or processing administrative requests/documents (e.g. requisitions, purchase orders, travel requests, contracts, expenditure authorizations, visa applications, etc.)
- maintain files (both paper and electronic) and databases for work unit
- provide guidance to less experienced staff on general office processes and procedures, computer applications, etc.
- perform any other administrative and research-related duties as may be assigned
Required qualifications include:
- minimum bachelor of science degree in Administration, Natural Resources Management, or Environmental Sciences
- at least two years of working experience in successful implementation of programmes in public, donor-funded programmes, or private or NGO sectors, preferably in an international environment
- excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, demonstrated by the ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- ability to work with minimum supervision and with own initiative in a complex environment with multiple tasks and intense pressure to perform
- ability to carry out office administrative responsibilities, and make project implementation arrangements
- good writing, presentation, and communication skills, and demonstrated experience in organising training workshop and conference activities
- good working knowledge of English is essential; knowledge of French would be an advantage
- proficiency in MS Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook); good Excel spreadsheet skills and experience in using ERP systems like PeopleSoft Financials system is advantageous
Remuneration will be commensurate with academic qualifications and experience.
Duration of contract
This is full-time employment on a one (1) year Personnel Service Agreement (PSA) contract with UNU-INRA, with the possibility for contract renewal subject to satisfactory work performance.
This is a locally recruited post; no relocation expenses or allowances apply. The successful candidate will be employed under a local contract and will not hold international civil servant status nor be a ‘staff member’ as defined in the United Nations Staff Rules and Regulations. UNU does not sponsor a working visa for this position.
By September 1, 2018
Interested applicants should: