Jobs In Upper East Region 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana July 2019. Please do not pay anybody a fee before getting a job.
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) has been working in Ghana since 1958 in Health, Agriculture, Peace Building, Water and Sanitation, Microfinance and Education programs and has long-standing relationships with Church and non-Church partners and communities throughout the country. CRS/Ghana currently has 61 staff with project offices in Tamale and Accra.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We are motivated by the Gospel of Jesus Christ to cherish, preserve and uphold the sacredness and dignity of all human life, foster charity and justice, and embody Catholic social and moral teaching as we act to:
- Promote human development by responding to major emergencies, fighting disease and poverty, and nurturing peaceful and just societies; and,
- Serve Catholics in the United States as they live their faith in solidarity with their brothers and sisters around the world.
- Department:Programming (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion)
- Grade: 7
- Reports To: Senior Project Officer - WASH
- Country/Location: Talensi District, UER, Ghana
- Start Date: July 2019
- End Date: June 2020
- Play a lead role in reviewing the work, records, and reports of consulting engineers, construction managers in the construction/rehabilitation/installation of water and sanitation infrastructure (boreholes with hand pumps, latrines construction/repairs, etc.) and other technical services hired to perform construction related work under the project.
- Support in the technical design of infrastructure and review of bill of materials to ensure the estimated costs are reasonable and comparable to market rates
- Regularly monitor the progress and quality of construction at all WASH infrastructure sites ensuring compliance with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices. Map infrastructure construction stages using Information Technology.
- Work with CRS to maintain accepted WASH and infrastructural standards for the sector and ensure that project staff, partner agencies and recipient communities understand and adhere to these standards including sustainability measures.
- Build relationships and coordinate with local government authorities and beneficiaries to approve construction and delivery to beneficiary communities.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
- Support accountability through supporting project evaluation activities and assisting project efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Actively seek and respond to feedback from partners.
- Supervisory: Not Applicable
- Internal: Regional/HQ technical advisors, Head of Programs, WASH and other line managers, Project Coordinator, WASH Specialist, M&E Specialist, and WASH Officers
- External: Government partners and Service providers (Contractors)
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
- Accountability: Improving our accountability to a range of stakeholders through increased participation, transparent communication, responsive feedback mechanisms, and adherence to internal and external quality standards and requirements.
- Analysis and Critical Thinking: Engaging with data, challenging biases and assumptions, posing thoughtful questions, pursuing deeper understanding of evidence through reflection and perspective-taking, and making informed programming decisions.
- Monitoring: Implementing monitoring activities, including timely collection of quality data, set up and maintenance of databases, facilitation of participatory reflection on monitoring results, and submission of timely progress reports.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Building and Construction, Construction Management, Water Resources or relevant HND qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in project support. Experience in the field of WASH infrastructure design and inspection and for an NGO would be a plus.
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Possession of a valid license to ride a motorcycle.
- Knowledge of local language would be a plus.