Jobs In Upper East Region 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana July 2019. Please do not pay anybody a fee before getting a job.
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) has been working in Ghana since 1958 in Health, Agriculture, Peace Building, Water and Sanitation, Microfinance and Education programs and has long-standing relationships with Church and non-Church partners and communities throughout the country. CRS/Ghana currently has 61 staff with project offices in Tamale and Accra.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We are motivated by the Gospel of Jesus Christ to cherish, preserve and uphold the sacredness and dignity of all human life, foster charity and justice, and embody Catholic social and moral teaching as we act to:
- Promote human development by responding to major emergencies, fighting disease and poverty, and nurturing peaceful and just societies; and,
- Serve Catholics in the United States as they live their faith in solidarity with their brothers and sisters around the world.
- Department: Programming (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion)
- Grade: 7
- Reports To: Senior Project Officer - Community Mobilization
- Country/Location: Talensi District, UER, Ghana
- Start Date: July 2019
- End Date: June 2020
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Support to mobilize and sensitize communities on key project strategies including participatory sanitation and hygiene behavior change approaches using Behavior Change Communication (BCC), Community Lead Total Sanitation (CLTS), WASH in Schools (WinS), Savings and Internal Lending Communities (SILC), etc. etc. to promote and market sanitation in rural communities.
- Provide direct backstopping support to households, sanitation advocacy groups, staff of key institutions, etc. for the implementation of Water, Hygiene and Sanitation related projects.
- Assist in reviewing the work, records, and reports of consulting engineers, construction managers in the construction/rehabilitation and installation of water and sanitation infrastructure (boreholes with hand pumps, latrines construction/repairs, hand washing stations, water quality testing, etc.) and other technical services hired to perform work under the project.
- Develop training programs and facilitate training of staff of partner organizations and project committees.
- Monitor project communities and facilitate households to ensure the construction of household latrines and soakaways and installation of hand washing stations.
- Develop and manage relationships with partner organizations especially in the District Wide Approach Program to ensure the effective implementation of sustainable water supply, sanitation and hygiene projects in communities, schools and health centers
- Ensure that gender, protection, local culture and other important cross-cutting concerns are considered in program implementation, especially in ensuring that gender issues are considered in the selection and training of WASH committees, Sanitation Advocacy Groups, etc.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Actively seeks and responds to feedback from all members of targeted communities and other stakeholders.
- Collect information on technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
- Supervisory: Not Applicable
- Internal: Regional/HQ technical advisors, Head of Programs, WASH and other line managers, Project Coordinator, WASH Specialist, SILC Specialists, M&E Specialist, and other WASH Officers
- External: Government partners and Service providers (Contractors)
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
- Accountability: Improving our accountability to a range of stakeholders through increased participation, transparent communication, responsive feedback mechanisms, and adherence to internal and external quality standards and requirements.
- Analysis and Critical Thinking: Engaging with data, challenging biases and assumptions, posing thoughtful questions, pursuing deeper understanding of evidence through reflection and perspective-taking, and making informed programming decisions.
- Monitoring: Implementing monitoring activities, including timely collection of quality data, set up and maintenance of databases, facilitation of participatory reflection on monitoring results, and submission of timely progress reports.
Required Skills or Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental and Water Management, Environmental Engineering, Sanitation Engineering, Water Resources Engineering /Management, Civil Engineering, public or environmental health, or any other relevant professional background in WASH .
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a WASH project, one year of which should be directly linked to CLTS field level implementation. Experience working for an NGO would be a plus.
- Experience in facilitating CLTS triggering and post-triggering monitoring.
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Possession of License to ride a motorcycle.
- Knowledge of local language would be preferable.
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members.
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of local level issues