Jobs In Accra 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana July 2019. Please do not pay anybody a fee before getting a job.
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
NEPCon (Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 230+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
Do you love working with numbers, and also care deeply about the environment? Can you stay on top of multiple tasks and still be helpful and smiling? And do you like working together with people all over the world?
Then you might be the new colleague our Finance team is currently looking for to help us in Africa.
As Accounting and Finance Specialist in NEPCon your overall responsibility is related to the preparation of bookkeeping documents and calculations, recording of financial transactions in NEPCon’s finance system, communicating with relevant internal and external parties, as well assisting in the preparation and submission of various accounting and financial reports.
More specifically the tasks include:
- Processing of suppliers’ invoices (approvals, recording, payment preparation etc)
- Processing of clients’ invoices (preparation, sending, payment follow-up etc)
- Daily recording of bank transactions in NEPCon’s finance system
- Processing and review of staff expense reports
- Review of personnel credit card statements and reconciliation to staff expense reports
- Consulting NEPCon staff in relation to personnel reimbursables and credit card expenses
- Recording of other business transactions (revenues, expenses, accruals) in NEPCon’s finance system
- Assistance with various accounting and finance tasks for NEPCon group entities (e.g., booking of bank transactions and comparison of accounting balances vs. bank statements, various account reconciliations)
- Assistance with finance and accounting calculations and data processing
- Assistance with maintaining accounting documentation
- Participation in the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements
- Responsible for filing of statutory deductions, e.g. Social Security and National Insurance Trust, Income Taxes and taxes withheld to the Ghana Revenue Authority and other offices in the Region
- Assist in organising necessary documentation for annual independent external audit and provide response to the auditor’s report
- Finance support and analysis of setup of new NEPCon legal entities in the region
- Other tasks as assigned.
Things You May Like:
Things You May Like:
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position reports to our Chief Accountant who is based in Vietnam
- Working location: NEPCon Ghana’s legal entity
- Salary commensurate with qualifications
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of NEPCon through the annual General Assembly
Required Skills or Experience
- University degree in accounting, finance or audit.
- Must have a membership certificate of ICAG/ACCA
- At least 4 years’ work experience from similar positions. International work experience is preferable.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken and well versed in French.
- You are a proficient user of the MS Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- You have a good general understanding of administrative IT systems, and the ability to learn to work with new programmes fast.
- You have a high sense of responsibility and are able to meet deadlines.
- Paying attention to detail comes naturally to you.
- You are structured and well organised.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You are comfortable with your line manager being located in a different country, and you are comfortable communicating frequently with colleagues around the world via email and Skype.
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.