Jobs In Accra 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana July 2019. Please do not pay anybody a fee before getting a job.
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Main purpose of job:
To lead day-to-day management of security for the British High Commission (BHC) in Accra, supporting the Regional Overseas Security Manager in (Lagos) and the Post Security Officer (the Deputy High Commissioner) in maintaining a proactive and highly secure environment in which staff and families feel safe.
Roles and responsibilities:
Main Duties Include
- Managing relationship between Contract Security Company and British High Commission
- Managing monthly Key Point Indicator Targets with the security contractor
- Direct and close relations with Authorities, in particular Mobile Police, Anti-Terrorist Police and Army
- Direct and close relations with International Partners, including the US, UN, European, and Australian Missions.
- Assisting the ROSM with staff security clearances
- Managing the Operations Room and its Operational Staff including responsibility for all personal operational equipment e.g. Radios, Panic Alarms, Tracking Devices and Satelite Telephones
- Conducting regular security drills for staff in a variety of locations
- Conduction security briefings for new and existing staff
- Daily liaison with the ROSM on a variety of differing security issues, brainstorming solutions
- Proactivley planning Security Meetings, and leading the understanding of security at Post.
- Overseeing new security contract, and major security-related projects at Post.
Other Duties Include
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
Operations Staff x 1 deputy Post Security Manager and x5 supervisors; External Security Contract, 1 x Contract Manager, Shift managers, and over 80 guards), Contract value c £1m pa.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
- Ability to interact equally confidently with senior post management and Ghanaian Security Authorities, as well as with different genders, or different religions or beliefs.
- Security Sector Competence Skills at a Management Level.
- Excellent experience within the security sector.
- Good educational background
- Excellent Time Management Skills, Computer Literate and able to use Windows based software.
- Have a flexible outlook to the working day.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Demonstrable networking skills with friendly diplomatic missions in order to enable the receipt/sharing of mutually beneficial information e.g. to support travel advice planning.
- Preference for someone who has a qualification in security at management level. Experience in managing a security contract or security force.
- Demonstrable experience of at least some of the following: formally investigating and reporting on security incidents; proposing post incident risk mitigation recommendations and advice, in writing; reviewing/drafting risk assessments with recommendations; designing operational plans and procedures; low level analysis and reporting on trends in the threats from crime, terrorism and civil disorder; conducting and reporting on marker hotel security reviews; conducting first drafts of any reviews to post security recommendations; delivering travel and general security briefings; delivering training to Post staff members e.g. on travel security planning, use of risk assessments and personal security advice; and, acting as the custodian of some mission security processes in the PSO’s absence.
- General knowledge (not expertise) of the following would be desirable: the ability to demonstrate the provision of advice on whether e.g. Accra and the Residence’s physical security postures are proportionate to mitigate known threats and risks; the proposal of risk reduction recommendations; and, demonstration of a general/users understanding of technical security infrastructure and apparatus e.g. CCTV and general surveillance/monitoring equipment, intruder detection and access control devices; and, scanning, screening and detection technologies.