Jobs In Accra 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana July 2019. Please do not pay anybody a fee before getting a job.
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The Public Interest and Accountability Committee (PIAC) is a statutory Committee established by the Petroleum Revenue Management Act (Act 815) to monitor the management and usage of the petroleum revenues for the benefit of the citizenry.
As part of its effort to assemble the full complement of skills required to fulfil its mandate, the Committee seeks to employ the services of a full-time Economic Policy Analyst.
Applications are invited from qualified, experienced, skilled and dedicated persons to fill the vacancy for the post of Economic Policy Analyst for the Public Interest and Accountability Committee.
The Economic Policy Analyst will be responsible for providing economic policy analysis in respect of the socio-economic impact of petroleum revenue management and expenditure in Ghana.
The candidate will be required to coordinate data analysis, undertake intensive analytical work, and the ability to translate results into useful insights and advice for the Committee.
The position will sit within the Technical Department of PIAC and duties will include:
- Undertake financial analysis and economic modelling of the impact of petroleum revenue on other sectors of the economy
- Collect and analyse economic and statistical data in the oil and gas sector and other extractives as they may relate to the mandate of the Committee
- Study the impact of emerging and existing policies, laws, regulations, and contracts on petroleum revenue in line with the PRMA
- Review technical and professional literature to identify specific limitations and opportunities associated with the oil and gas sector in Ghana
- Identify areas of advocacy in petroleum resource govemance, taking into consideration the mandate of PIAC
- Prepare position papers and policy briefs on issues of petroleum revenue management taking into cognisance the Committee's mandate
Education and Experience
- Master's degree in Economics, Public Policy or any related field in the Social Sciences, Research Methods and Statistics
- Three (3) years' experience working in the extractive sector in the provision of policy analysis, advocacy, research, data analysis or any policy related field.
- Good communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills;
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to function well as part of a team
- Diligent attention to detail
- Integrity and confidentiality