Jobs In Accra 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana July 2019. Please do not pay anybody a fee before getting a job.
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The Public Interest and Accountability Committee (PIAC) statutory committee established by the Petroleum Revenue management Act (Act 815) to monitor the usage and management of the petroleum revenues for the benefit of the citizenry
As a part of the strategy to equip the Secretariat, the committee is seeking to employ the services of a full-time Communications Officer who has the ability
to function as part of a team.
Applications are invited from qualified, experienced and dedicated persons to fill the vacancy for the post of Communications Officer for the Public Interest and Accountability Committee.
The Communications Officer will be responsible for managing the communications and information operations of PIAC. The main purpose of this position is to facilitate effective communication between PIAC and the external public by ensuring high brand visibility of the Committee at all times. The Communications Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate the development and implementation of PIAC's communications, public relations and outreach in line with PIAC's strategic direction and programme objectives
- Work with the Senior Management Team to plan, develop and roll out PIAC's communications strategy to maximise public awareness and engagement
- Responsible for press releases, statutory publications, success stories and PIAC's positions on topical development issues
- Design, manage and maintain PIACs social media presence
- Ensure production and dissemination of a quarterly & annual newsletter and annual narrative report
- Collect, collate, edit and publish all PIAC documentation for both internal and external audiences ensuring that they are of the highest quality
- Manage the PIAC website to ensure it is constantly updated, interesting and interactive-using appropriate social media platforms as a vehicle
- Coordinate field visits to project sites and ensure proper dissemination of information for events and success stories
- Develop and maintain relationships with media and other partners throughout the country.
- Closely monitor and track media coverage of PIAC's events and activities
- Ensure promotion of various events and activities of the committee in the media and online platforms
- Source, commission and edit news, images and videos for the website and online media.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or any related field
- At least 5 years of work experience in media relations, reporting and developing communication plans and material, or a Second Degree with at least 3 years working experience
- Knowledge of the extractive sector will be an added advantage
- Good communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to function well as part o f a team
- Diligent attention to detail
- Strong in using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Skills in designing simple infographics for campaigns
- Graphic design, photography and printing experience
- Integrity and Confidentiality
Recommended For You:
Recommended For You: