Jobs In Ghana 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana July 2019. Please do not pay anybody a fee before getting a job.
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Process Training Officer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of the role is to provide training and coaching to the employees in the Processing Department. As part of ongoing personal development, this role actively identifies training requirements, both technical and legal, to improve the skills of the department team members and therefore contribute to the performance and efficiency of the department.
The incumbent must identify training gaps and develop and deliver training materials such that the identified gaps are mitigated.
The incumbent must actively pursue and maintain a values-oriented approach within sphere of influence inside the plant.
- Actively promote AGA Health, Safety and Environmental actions and improvements which include housekeeping
- Training employees as part of the International Cyanide Management Institute compliance requirements
- Training the processing employees in compliance with Legal Instruments (LI’s) and Codes as laid down by the Republic of Ghana
- Compiling, updating and conducting plant Induction procedures for employees and visitors
- Maintains safe and healthy training environment by following organization standards and legal regulations.
- Conducts training needs assessment by collecting information pertaining to work procedures, work flow, and reports; understanding job-specific functions and tasks.
- Designs computer-based training manuals by identifying and describing information needs; using desktop publishing; submitting initial versions for review; revising and editing final copy.
- Conducts training classes by presenting job-specific, company-specific, and generic classes.
- Evaluation of training by evaluating the effectiveness of training.
- Contribute to the Budgeting and cost control Processes
- Remedial action plans for returning out of alignment performance of the operations teams and associated equipment to budgeted targets.
- Aiding the plant management for the development of strategic career paths and succession planning employees
- Develop performance management set points and targets for your subordinates
- Maintaining discipline and performance management
- Constant assessment and challenging of the status quo to identify and align staff to optimal performance
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A tertiary qualification in either Extraction Metallurgy or teaching fields
- Preferably 10 years in a processing plant
- Preferably 3 - 5 years at in a role similar to this would be advantageous
- Experience and understanding of total mining cycle.
- Demonstrable intermediate level knowledge of metallurgical processes such as, but not limited to, size reduction, flotation, leaching, desorption and tailings disposal
- Good presentation skills
- Good written communication skills
- Technical understanding
- Strong interpersonal, communication and motivating skills