Jobs In Ghana 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana April 2019. Search & apply your dream jobs in Ghana today April 2019 with just a click away.Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of JobSearchGh. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as MOS Officer .
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The role holder reports to the Maintenance Control System Advisor and is accountable for controlling the quality of and maintaining the management information system, improving management document control practices, maintaining information systems up-to-date and meeting legal record control requirements. The role provides the document control of all MOS templates and work flow, tools and procedures as gathered together within the MOS sharepoint structure.
The structure includes the accountability framework, planning and scheduling of MOS processes and the related documentation. The MOS Officer verifies compliance of all areas in correct operation of the MOS, escalating shortcomings and failures in the system to Project management. The MOS system allows alignment of workflows between and across project stakeholders, engineers, project managers to achieve safe, effective and efficient delivery of all processing plant new build and refurbishment activities on schedule and budget in line with the strategic objective of business.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Work with Site Surface Infrastructure progress monitoring in gathering information for reports on compliant progress
- Conduct audits of Facilities Housing maintenance
- Conduct reviews of the contract refurbishment and maintenance function to identify actions for continuous improvement
- Outline to the Deputy Engineering Manager and Superintendent Surface Support Infrastructure potential for contractor improvement;
- Collate information from Housing operations and Maintenance contractor on a routine scheduled basis, carry out regular and spot checks on progress to plan and quality (with subject matter experts, where appropriate).
- Analyze and trend contracted maintenance data to determine housing condition and report this condition for action;
- Monitor general physical condition of housing assets and report
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary;
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for maintenance planning and scheduling
- Perform routine contractor monitoring tasks
- Gather information on data collected from housing operator in order to diagnose / troubleshoot contractor work quality and timeliness – contract adherence.
- Actively participate in housing improvement programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of contractor shortcoming
- Identify and communicate potential cost reduction initiatives for contractors
- Propose cost savings projects
- Execute work in a timely manner
- Monitor contractor performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
- Report directly to the Superintendent – Surface Support Infrastructure on issues and execute agreed contract improvement projects
- Stop contractor from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe working prac
- Ensure section’s compliance with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, lending institutions, shareholders’ interests, environmental, health & safety legislation and company regulation
- Accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every mine worker if under or assigned to his/her supervision.
- Demonstrate safety behaviour consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Work as example to create a suitable safe work environment to motivate staff, employees and contractors to achieve optimum effectiveness, productivity and operating costs
- Ensure that continuous improvement of safety performance is an inherent part of the refurbishment.
- The role provides the document control of all MOS templates and work flow, tools and procedures as gathered together within the MOS sharepoint structure.
- Verifies all correct documents and processes are maintained through the refurbishment project, later moving to operations and maintenance.
- No direct responsibility for personnel in terms of work management, capability or capacity building.
- Provide guidance and training in the MOS workflows, the design of new workflows, documents and information systems.
- Verification of compliance with MOS framework procedures in and across all areas of the site.
- Participate in departmental meetings as required.
- Maintain meeting records, agreed actions, and follow up to ensure actions are completed.
- Recognise the need for, recommend and install improvements in management document control practices
- Maintain the management information system
- Maintain information systems up-to-date
- Maintain the MOS Sharepoint file structure and verify document and version control is maintained
- Train, where necessary, all areas in the correct processes and procedures to maintain the MOS sharepoint document system in correct usage.
- Audit and check the correct usage of the MOS systems, processes, procedures and documents in all areas of the operation on site
- Apply MOS best practice, systems, policies, procedures and processes to all internal project requirements.
- Recognise breakdowns in the MOS processes and instigate corrective action; escalate outstanding corrective actions, close out completed actions
- Participate in incident investigations and provide feedback regarding the agreed corrective actions
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports accurately and timely information that clearly describe the MOS status within new build/refurbishment works, operations and mining
- Identify and address MOS implementation and operation risks, by communicating potential issues to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Participate in formal monthly risk reviews
- Proactively identify and execute change in MOS processes, the MOS schedule and document quality issues.
- Recognise and escalate shortfalls in MOS usage in planning resources required to support the commissioning process
- The Planning Manager will provide financial and decision making authorities commensurate with the needs of the role, and AGA’s Delegation of Authority policy.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A tertiary qualification in a technical, financial or legal discipline or equivalent
- A financial qualification, useful
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in business process improvement
- Archival and/or document control experience is a plus
- Project planning highly regarded. Preferably owner’s team, multidisciplined, design, construction and commissioning experience, with contractor management experience, within a large blue chip mining or resources environment
- Primavera/MS Project
- MS Office with excellent Excel financial reporting ability.
- Highly flexible, able to balance competing demands/priorities.
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Audit, compliance and governance.
- Able to mentor and coach personnel.
- Ability to present to management and key stakeholders
Interested applicants should: