Jobs In Ghana 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana. Search & apply your dream jobs in Ghana today with just a click away.Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of JobSearchGh. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Contracts Specialist – Housing Maintenance .
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Contracts Specialist – Housing Maintenance is accountable for the implementation of housing maintenance contract management, progress monitoring and control of accord of progress to contractual requirements to comply with operational engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximise asset availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Work with Site Surface Infrastructure progress monitoring in gathering information for reports on compliant progress
- Conduct audits of Facilities Housing maintenance
- Conduct reviews of the contract refurbishment and maintenance function to identify actions for continuous improvement
- Outline to the Deputy Engineering Manager and Superintendent Surface Support Infrastructure potential for contractor improvement;
- Collate information from Housing operations and Maintenance contractor on a routine scheduled basis, carry out regular and spot checks on progress to plan and quality (with subject matter experts, where appropriate).
- Analyze and trend contracted maintenance data to determine housing condition and report this condition for action;
- Monitor general physical condition of housing assets and report
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary;
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for maintenance planning and scheduling
- Perform routine contractor monitoring tasks
- Gather information on data collected from housing operator in order to diagnose / troubleshoot contractor work quality and timeliness – contract adherence.
- Actively participate in housing improvement programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of contractor shortcoming
- Identify and communicate potential cost reduction initiatives for contractors
- Propose cost savings projects
- Execute work in a timely manner
- Monitor contractor performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
- Report directly to the Superintendent – Surface Support Infrastructure on issues and execute agreed contract improvement projects
- Stop contractor from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe working practice
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical or Civil, Maintenance Engineering or equivalent
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
- Paralegal qualification will be an advantage.
- An experienced contract management professional with 10+ years’ experience in management of project and/or housing maintenance contractors, or housing development/refurbishment organisation
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC)
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP PM module.
• Professional Certificated Engineer with a relevant certification body
- Strong contract management and compliance experience
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
Interested applicants should: