Jobs In Ghana 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana. Search & apply your dream jobs in Ghana today with just a click away.Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of JobSearchGh. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Mechanical Superintendent – Processing Plant.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Mechanical Superintendent – Processing Plant is accountable for the development and implementation of mechanical aspects of Processing Plant maintenance through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Safety Management plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control
- Technical input to the Maintenance Lead – Processing Plant for inclusion to the Safety Manager, Refurbishment Manager, Planning Manager, Technical Services Manager and Construction Manager in order to develop the safety management plan for the construction and refurbishment works, consistent with AGA’s Integrated Management System and Standards.
- Application review of safety standards and work practices for the refurbishment construction and infrastructure workforce to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
- Application of HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Safety behaviour demonstration consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
- Continuous improvement of design and field safety performance.
- Ensure monitoring and data collection to demonstrate execution of the Processing Plant aspects of construction, refurbishment and maintenance activities in accordance with the Government of Ghana conditions of approvals and the site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Environmental-related workplace instruction to any employees
- Zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure
- Investigate process interruptions using ‘Analyse and Improve’ tools
- Reduced energy usage by running the mine energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate within sphere of influence
- Support the Processing Department to maintain Cyanide Code certification.
- Processing Plant Mechanical Maintenance team processes required to support the role holder in executing the project
- Using AGA’s How we Work guidelines, clearly define the roles and accountabilities of subordinates.
- Support the recruitment and appointment of people to role in accordance with AGA policy and localisation objectives as directed by the Senior Engineering Manager and Deputy Engineering Manager
- For those AGAG employees who will be part of the continuing operation, prepare and execute training and development plans.
- Ensure the organisation structure is capable of delivering the mechanical maintenance strategy
- Communicate policies and procedures in a manner so as to achieve full understanding and compliance
- Provide guidance to subordinates in leadership techniques to achieve maximum performance
- Develop a skill matrix that includes all disciplines and individual achievements
- Ensure subordinates provide all input up-to-date for the skill matrix
- Identify skill deficiencies and initiate corrective action
- Develop an appropriate succession plan for key positions with the correct supportive development plan
- Deliver mechanical requirements for the processing plant consistent with the procurement and contracting strategy, which address the construction time, cost and quality risks.
- Provide internal processes that support management of the interface with the EPCM contractor for construction and refurbishment works.
- Monitor the development of maintenance planning and management outcomes in mechanical infrastructure
- Reporting processes for managing mechanical installation refurbishment contractor and the AGAG maintenance workforce to deliver works that meet cost, schedule and quality expectations consistent with the scope and quality contained in the Feasibility Study within area of accountability.
- Proactively control the refurbishment process to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns.
- Control mechanical refurbishment priorities within a dynamic environment, whilst maintaining safety, budget, schedule and quality targets.
- Communicate accurate and timely construction schedule delivery, progress, cost and quality information in the area of accountability
- With Construction Manager verify, on new builds, the safety, operability, standards, maintainability, and reliability
- Design and put in place monitoring and reporting structure to provide major inputs to Maintenance Lead – Processing Plant to allow reporting of Operational Readiness for the mechanical aspects of the Processing Plant engineering/ maintenance throughout the operation.
- Implement the approved organisational structure required to deliver the project targets and future operational requirements.
- Engage and develop appropriately skilled, capable and experienced personnel in the area of accountability.
- Develop and implement systems for the Mechanical department to provide effective planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance and promote continuous improvement.
- Organise the maintenance of the mechanical items of the Processing Plant during the Phase1 & 2 Operations.
- Monitor and ensure the work carried out by the Processing Plant mechanical maintenance team is of a standard that supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost
- Identify sub-standard work practices, identify root cause and eliminate by corrective action.
- Task subordinates in line with achieving the agreed production plan
- Create a team of engineers to specify, design, analyze and verify new components and systems.
- Coordinate the sectional budget that supports the company’s objectives and strategy
- Ensure cost impacts in area of accountability are evaluated, approved and budget is revised
- Identify, communicate and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Manage the department in line with operational budget
- Communicate to subordinates the relevant financial detail to each individual’s level ensuring their understanding and obligations to meet the budget goals
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting, produce accurate and timely information that can clearly convey the status of safety, cost, schedule and quality for the refurbishment works.
- Advise progress and KPI status in a timely manner to the management team, particularly potential cost, and schedule or quality variances.
- Review and provide feedback regarding contractor’s progress claims
- Inspect all refurbishment works to ensure works are delivered in accordance with applicable designs, specifications and expectations.
- Oversee mechanical refurbishment witness inspections and testing regime to ensure quality and or performance is in line with obligations and expectations.
- Proactively identify and manage change to avoid potential cost, schedule and quality issues
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering, or equivalent
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
- An experienced mechanical/ maintenance engineer with 7+ years’ experience in, preferably, Metallurgical Processing Plant maintenance
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC)
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP PM module.
- Must possess Engineering Superintendent’s Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Engineer with a relevant certification body
- Strong mechanical maintenance competencies in mining and/or extractive metallurgy environment
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving
Interested applicants should: