Jobs In Accra 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana. Search & apply your dream jobs in Ghana today with just a click away.Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of JobSearchGh. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
Responsible for planning, developing, and coordinating the safety and occupational health component of personnel, materials, equipment, and environments to achieve safety effectiveness for the company..
- Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Assists Head of Health, Safety and Wellbeing in preparing safety policies and procedures; provides support in implementing these policies and procedures.
- To advise and assist all business functions in planning, organising, controlling and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for work.
- Ensure there is risk assessments for all projects and operational activities and an appropriate H&S plans are available to control identified risks
- Coordinate the administrative and governance activities of local H&S team and ensure compliance with Group H&S policy standards, processes and procedures
- Develop wellbeing initiatives and facilitate the implementation of Group wellbeing activities to support employee wellbeing needs.
- Prepare safety performance reports for consideration by the Operating Company and as part of the Group reporting requirements.
- Independently audit the health and safety performance and monitor Suppliers’ H&S Management Systems
- Support the preparation of Organisational health & safety plans and management processes, and monitor performance against these
- Identify training needs of staff, conduct relevant training and liaise with managers to nominate staff for external training courses
- Enforce the adherence to existing incident reporting process and independently investigate incidents to determine root causes.
- Maintain the interface with Governmental and Industry bodies over new and developing legislation, and advise the business accordingly. Facilitate departmental evaluation and impact analysis.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) or Bachelor’s degree in Safety Management or related field preferred; and/or equivalent of five years’ work experience in progressively responsible safety position; or an equivalent combination sufficient to perform essential functions of this position
- Member of a professional H&S body
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Planning & Organisation
- Working with Others
- Improving Own and Others Performance
- Innovation and Change
- Technology and Commercial Acumen
- Knowledge of local health and safety laws.
Interested applicants should: