Jobs In Accra 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana July 2019. Please do not pay anybody a fee before getting a job.
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Responsible for planning, developing, and coordinating the safety and occupational health component of personnel, materials, equipment, and environments to achieve safety effectiveness for the company..
- Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Assists Head of Health, Safety and Wellbeing in preparing safety policies and procedures; provides support in implementing these policies and procedures.
- To advise and assist all business functions in planning, organising, controlling and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for work.
- Ensure there is risk assessments for all projects and operational activities and an appropriate H&S plans are available to control identified risks
- Coordinate the administrative and governance activities of local H&S team and ensure compliance with Group H&S policy standards, processes and procedures
- Develop wellbeing initiatives and facilitate the implementation of Group wellbeing activities to support employee wellbeing needs.
- Prepare safety performance reports for consideration by the Operating Company and as part of the Group reporting requirements.
- Independently audit the health and safety performance and monitor Suppliers’ H&S Management Systems
- Support the preparation of Organisational health & safety plans and management processes, and monitor performance against these
- Identify training needs of staff, conduct relevant training and liaise with managers to nominate staff for external training courses
- Enforce the adherence to existing incident reporting process and independently investigate incidents to determine root causes.
- Maintain the interface with Governmental and Industry bodies over new and developing legislation, and advise the business accordingly. Facilitate departmental evaluation and impact analysis.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) or Bachelor’s degree in Safety Management or related field preferred; and/or equivalent of five years’ work experience in progressively responsible safety position; or an equivalent combination sufficient to perform essential functions of this position
- Member of a professional H&S body
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Planning & Organisation
- Working with Others
- Improving Own and Others Performance
- Innovation and Change
- Technology and Commercial Acumen
- Knowledge of local health and safety laws.