Jobs In Ghana 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana July 2019. Please do not pay anybody a fee before getting a job.
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Maintenance Lead – Processing Plant.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Maintenance Lead – Processing Plant is accountable for the development and implementation of Processing Plant Fixed Plant maintenance through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Deliver the Safety Management plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control
- Provide technical input to the Safety Manager, Refurbishment Manager, Planning Manager, Technical Services Manager and Construction Manager in order to develop the safety management plan for the construction and refurbishment works, consistent with AGA’s Integrated Management System and Standards.
- Review the application of safety standards and work practices for the refurbishment construction workforce to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
- Apply HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Demonstrate safety behaviour consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve design and field safety performance.
- Execution of the construction, refurbishment and maintenance activities in accordance with the Government of Ghana conditions of approvals and the site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Issue environmental related instruction to any employees at the workplace
- As a minimum, achieve zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure
- Utilise, ‘Analyse and Improve’ tools to investigate process interruptions so that exposure to environmental risks is reduced
- Reduce energy usage by running the plant energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate within sphere of influence
- Maintain Cyanide Code certification.
- Establish the Processing Plant team required to support the role holder in executing the project
- Using AGA’s How we Work guidelines, clearly define the roles and accountabilities of subordinates.
- Recruit and appoint people to role in accordance with AGA policy and localisation objectives as directed by the Senior Mining Manager.
- For those AGAG employees who will be part of the continuing operation prepare and execute training and development plans.
- Ensure the organisation structure is capable of delivering the maintenance strategy
- Communicate policies and procedures in a manner so as to achieve full understanding and compliance
- Provide guidance to subordinates in leadership techniques to achieve maximum performance
- Verify that supervisors develop a skills matrix that includes all disciplines and individual achievements
- Identify skill deficiencies and initiate corrective action
- Develop an appropriate succession plan for key positions with the correct supportive development plan.
- For the following work activities:
- Refurbish stockpiling and reclamation.
- Refurbish SAG 2 grinding circuit o Refurbish Bulk flotation circuit
- Refurbish BIOX/CCD/Neutralisation (2 modules of the BIOX circuit)
- Refurbish Old gold room/elution circuit and reactivation kiln o Refurbish Reagents and part of services (air, water, Oxygen etc.)
- Refurbish tailings pump and pipeline
- Refurbish BIOX circuit Module 2, 3 and 4
- Create instruction and guidance to the refurbishment project team on best practice and fit for purpose engineering and construction outcomes to meet approved design specifications.
- Review, approval and sign off of the detailed Refurbishment Execution Plan and schedule, infrastructure detailed design requirements, detailed testing plans, dry and wet commissioning plans, handover plans, training plans, manuals, records, drawings, specifications and documents issued that fall within the area of the Processing Plant.
- Delivering infrastructure requirements consistent with the procurement and contracting strategy, which addresses the construction time, cost and quality risks.
- Provide major inputs to Operational Readiness for the Surface engineering/maintenance throughout the operation.
- Develop the Operational Readiness plan for the Engineering team including localisation plan.
- Implement the approved organisational structure required to deliver the project targets and future operational requirements.
- Engage and develop appropriately skilled, capable and experienced personnel in the area of accountability.
- Support the development and implementation of systems for the
- Engineering department to provide effective planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance and promote continuous improvement.
- Ensure the work carried out by the maintenance team is of a standard that supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost
- Identify sub-standard work practices and take action to eliminate them and identify the root cause of these poor work practices.
- Assign tasks to subordinates in line with achieving the agreed production plan
- Lead a team of engineers to specify, design, analyse and verify new components and systems.
- Implement corporate programs, e.g. asset management strategies, System for People, Operational Effectiveness, etc. across areas of control.
- Deploy management routines to identify defects in the workplace
- Establish good rapport with the other departments to ensure common goals are identified and reached
- Prepare the departmental budget that support the company’s objectives and strategy
- Ensure cost impacts in area of accountability are evaluated, approved and budget is revised
- Identify, communicate and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Manage the department in line with operational budget
- Communicate to subordinates the relevant financial detail to each individual’s level ensuring their understanding and obligations to meet the budget goals
- Identify in a timely manner all current and potential risks to the Refurbishment, Construction and Maintenance activities utilising the established Risk Management System, identifying activities and strategies to eliminate, manage or mitigate these risks
- Develop an asset management strategy in the area of accountability based on the Obuasi Operations expected life of mine.
- Utilize the SAP asset maintenance management system in maintenance activities.
- Ensure all subordinates are competent in the utilisation of the SAP asset maintenance management system to support a smooth transition into operations.
- Liaise and work collaboratively with the procurement team to establish the inventory and spare parts for the Processing Plant.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical or Maintenance Engineering, or equivalent
- Masters’ Degree in Management will be an advantage
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
- An experienced mechanical/electrical/ maintenance engineer with 10+ years’ experience in Surface Processing Plant, Surface Mine Infrastructure and Surface Support Infrastructure maintenance
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC)
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP PM module.
- Must possess Engineering Managers Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Engineer with a relevant certification body
- Strong maintenance competencies in fixed plants
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies