Jobs In Accra 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana. Search & apply your dream jobs in Ghana today with just a click away.Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of JobSearchGh. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Corporate Services Support
Main purpose of job:
The successful candidate will need to be organised, able to manage his / her own workload and deal with a broad range of tasks at any one time frequently working to short deadlines.
Attention to detail, flexibility and being able to work accurately under pressure are key skills. You will need to possess strong communication skills and team working as you will be in regular contact with colleagues, Senior Leadership Team within the BHC and those in London. You will be privy to sensitive information, and so discretion is a must.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the Deputy High Commissioner’s office to ensure the smooth running of the daily and long-term commitments in support of the Ghana Country Business Plan objectives –e.g. managing diaries; booking internal and external appointments and logistical arrangements (e.g. rooms; transport arrangements, refreshments; setting up teleconferences and VTCs); drafting and responding to correspondence and invitations and liaising with the drivers, Corporate Services and external contacts. Arranging meetings and ensuring that briefings for meetings are requested and processed.
- Process the DHC’s papers and electronic correspondence and provide direct responses to requests.
- Log communications (such as letters, minutes, emails and meetings notes) and maintain DHC contacts in a detailed filing system.
- Arrange official travel & hotel requirements and reconcile his official expenses.
- Lead on organising the Senior Leadership Team meetings and Crisis Manager cover arrangements, ensuring sufficient Crisis Manager Cover at all times and referring to DHC when possible clashes arise.
- Provide support to the Ghana Operations Committee, including as secretary to ensure agenda and papers are sent out in time. Assist in the booking of rooms and note taking.
- Budget Holder’s responsibilities – Monitor DHC’s travel and entertainment budget including profiling, forecasting and tracking spend to deliver value for money.
- Events Management at the DHC’s residence by providing social secretarial duties, writing invitation cards, place cards, menus and compiling guest lists, maintaining social contact lists, arranging caterers, liaising with house staff etc.
- Working with the Events Coordinators to plan and prepare for formal/ informal events and meetings.
- Work with visits leads across Government Departments to help plan, prepare and maintain visit grid for VIP’s visiting Ghana.
- Liaison with Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other ministries as required.
- Provide cover for the EA to HC during absence.
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Management or other relevant field of study.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience office management in a fast-paced working environment as an Administrative Assistant, Executive Assistant or Personal Assistant to Senior Executives.
- Event Planning experience.
- Dealing with logistics, administration and budgets.
- Excellent IT skills (including working knowledge of MS office packages (excel; word, PowerPoint etc).
- The ability to respond flexibly to competing demands, often at short notice.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Strong organisational skills and good attention to detail (events planning; guest lists).
- Ability to write accurate, professional English at speed, in formats including formal letters and minutes.
- Good team player with strong customer service skills.
- Ability to plan ahead, anticipate problems / clashes and proactively sort them out.
- Able to work under minimal supervision and deliver for senior-level individuals.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Learning and development opportunities:
- Basic financial management skills
- Working and delivering in a high pressure environment
- Dealing with logistics, administration and budgets
- Twi a bonus
Interested applicants should: