Jobs In Koforidua 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana. Search & apply your dream jobs in Ghana today with just a click away.Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of JobSearchGh. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
The Haul Truck Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient transport of ore and waste materials to the correct process, stockpile or waste dump locations. Additionally, the Haul Truck Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient watering of haul roads for dust suppression.
- Strictly adhere to all Newmont, Akyem, Ahafo, Ghana and regulatory agency, Health, Safety, Loss Prevention and Environmental requirements and standards.
- Complete all Pre-Start checks and Work Area Inspections – control risks and report defects through appropriate channels.
- Competently and safely operate CAT 785 or 758C Haul/Dump Trucks including spotting, driving, dumping and parking techniques.
- Competently and safely operate CAT 785 Water Trucks including spotting, driving, filling, spraying and parking techniques.
- Properly communicate with loading equipment operators and Dispatchers to ensure all material is delivered to the correct destination based on material type.
- Operate truck controls, instruments, gauges and know/understand their functions.
- Operate Haul Truck in compliance with Newmont and Manufacturer’s specificationsAccurately complete the daily inspection/ production sheet.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of haul truck mechanics
- Protect truck tires by driving appropriately for conditions and situations including avoiding damage to tires from rocks or undulating roads
- Properly report all tire hazards to Supervisor or support equipment operators
- Know, understand and comply with all Lock-Out, Tag-Out, Try-Out (LOTOTO) proceduresKnow, understand and comply with Haul Truck Fueling proceduresKnow, understand and comply with Fatigue Management Policy
- Use Jigsaw system to properly report equipment status (Down, Standby, Delay or Ready)
- Use Jigsaw system to select correct and appropriate delay and standby codes
- Take responsibility for proper care and maintenance of equipment and work areas, including a high standard of housekeeping
- Participate in Haul Truck Preventative Maintenance activities to report defects to Mechanics.
- Manage risks through the FLRA and JHA processes and follow through on procedures identified.
- Assist in training of new Haul Truck Operators as assignedMaintain detailed knowledge of all Hauling SOPs / STPs
Training & Experience
- JHS Certificate required, SHS Certificate preferred.Must hold valid permit to operate a CAT 785 or 758C Haul Truck and Water Truck, permit to operate additional equipment is preferred.
- Current Ghanaian Class E driving license required, Class E/F license preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a NGGL driving license to operate 4×4 vehicles and equipment.
- Previous experience in operating heavy mining equipment preferred.
- Must be able to read and understand instructions in English. Must be able to write/record technical information in English.
Must be able to work with minimal supervision and as a team
Must demonstrate professionalism in arriving to work on time, well-rested and fit for workMust demonstrate ability / willingness to communicate with work team as well as other departments to achieve mutual goals
- Must demonstrate a willingness to be trained and to learn new things, including a willingness to operate additional equipment after proper training has been given
- Must be in good physical condition and capable of performing physical work for long periods
- Must be able to wear all required PPEs including: Safety-Toed Boots, Reflective Clothing, Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection and any additional PPE required for a specific task.
- Must be able to walk on uneven ground
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- Must be able to work continuously for long hours, including on night shifts
- Must be able to mount and dismount equipment using stairs and laddersMust be able to lift and move items weighing 25 – 30 kilos
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Interested applicants should: