Jobs In Northern Region 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana. Search & apply your dream jobs in Ghana today with just a click away.Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of JobSearchGh. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
JobSearchGh is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Ghana. Search & apply your dream jobs in Ghana today with just a click away. The best job search website in Ghana. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of JobSearchGh. Proceed with caution.
Purpose of the position
- To contribute to the attainment of the Organization’s water well drilling objectives.
- Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Maintenance of Equipment & Accessories
- Assist in the routine and annual servicing of drilling rig equipment and it’s accessories
- Ensure mechanics to perform daily routine checks on drill rig equipment and vehicles
- Ensure adherence to maintenance and schedules of all equipment and it’s accessories
- Assist the Driller in the drilling of boreholes
- Assist the driller in the development and construction of wet wells
- Assist the Assistant hydrogeologist in the chlorination of developed holes
- Assist in the backfilling of dry holes and make sure they are sealed
- Assist the driller to carry out air lift drilling in stable conditions, and mud drilling in alluvial and unstable conditions and formations
Site Management and Safety
- Assist the driller to ensure the safety and security of drilling rig equipment and it’s accessories
- Demarcate the working area with caution tape to keep community members from risk
- Make sure drilling accessories are well parked in the trucks after drilling and the drilling site made safe
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment,
- Fill out all log sheets and maintenance cards correctly and ensure they are kept up to date,
- Ensure all equipment is kept clean,
- Ensure Floor Hands have performed preventative maintenance on appropriate equipment,
- Learn and adhere to all Company Safety Policy, Procedures and Practices, and all governmental safety regulations and,
- Assist the Driller in mentoring the Floor Hand and helping with on the job training.
Inventory & Reporting
- Take inventory of all drilling consumables and advise the driller for new supplies and replenishment
- Inspect and report on all equipment daily or as required,
- Carry out the distribution of fuel and lubricants
- Submit monthly report on the consumption of fuel and lubricants to the driller
- Assist the driller to write and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Identify and report drilling needs and request for same
Working Environment / Conditions
- Work environment: Frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 60% Domestic
- On call: 15%
Required Skills or Experience
- Educational level required: Certificate/ Diploma in Drilling Operations or Mechanical Engineering
- Technical Training qualifications required: Professional technical skill desired (certification?)
- Experience: 3 years of experience in the hydrogeological field related to groundwater exploration and development
- Must be computer literate
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with driving experience.
- Must be proactive with a high level of initiative, innovation, drive and a strong team player with interpersonal skills.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions.
- Perform other duties as required.
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please get the details of the Jobs from World Vision's website: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/ghana/water-sanitation-and-health-wash/drilling-assistant/11508. The deadline for submission of application is December 11, 2018.
- As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children.
- All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
- World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply