Jobs In Kumasi 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana. Search & apply your dream jobs in Ghana today with just a click away.Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of JobSearchGh. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Governing Council of the Kumasi Technical University, invites applications from qualified and enterprising persons to fill in the following vacancy as Librarian.
JobSearchGh is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Ghana. Search & apply your dream jobs in Ghana today with just a click away. The best job search website in Ghana. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of JobSearchGh. Proceed with caution.
About Kumasi Technical University
Kumasi Technical University is located in the heart of Kumasi, the Garden City of West Africa, and the capital of the Ashanti Region of Ghana. The University was converted from a Polytechnic to a Technical University in September 2016 by an Act of Parliament establishing Technical Universities in Ghana. The University is mandated by the Technical Universities Act 2016 (Act 922), to provide higher education in Engineering, Science and Technology-based disciplines, applied arts and related disciplines, technical and vocational education and training.
The University has 637 staff with diverse background made up of faculty, administrative and other professional officers with a student population of about 11,000 who are enrolled in various academic and professional programmes. The vision of the University is to be a centre of excellence for technological and entrepreneurial development.
The Position of Librarian
• The Librarian is the Head of the University Library and reports to the Vice Chancellor in the management of the Library
• The Librarian is responsible for the provision of adequate, relevant and up-to-date reading, and audio-visual materials to support teaching, learning, research, innovation and community service functions of the University
• The Librarian provides leadership in advancing the University's teaching, research and innovation mission through a clear vision of the Library's role, comprehensive strategic planning, incorporation of emerging technology, sound fiscal management and engagement of all members of the University community
• The Librarian ensures the maintenance of a good environment for reading and learning in all libraries of the University
• The Librarian exercises professional and administrative supervision over staff of the University libraries and ensures the efficient and effective running of the libraries of the University. The Librarian shall, in conjunction with the library committee and subject to approval by the Academic board, formulate policies for the maximum development and utilization of the libraries of the University
• The Librarian shall represent the library in contacts with Administration and committees of the University. Collaborate and maintain linkages with the relevant and appropriate institutional libraries and organisations within and outside the country in order to keep up with development trends and attain exposure to developed system
• The Librarian shall perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Vice Chancellor
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must possess a minimum of postgraduate degree in library or information science related studies. A PhD library science or studies is preferable
• Must have served as a Deputy Librarian in a University or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least 6 years
• Must be a scholar and a member of a professional body in librarianship/information science
• Must be computer literate and be conversant with library software
• Must show high qualities of sound judgment, initiative, resourcefulness, precision and professionalism
• Must be innovative and knowledgeable in procedures on the implementation of new technologies and library services
• Must be able to ensure that adequate library and research resources are available to meet faculty and student needs within assigned budget
• Must have worked with a current university library's software in a manner that is consistent with the university's mission and objectives
• Must be able to effectively communicate with students, staff and external agencies
• Candidates are to submit an application letter attached to their curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of 3 referees
• Applicants are to include a short statement of not more than four pages (Times New Roman size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision and strategies for implementation
• Applications may be hand-delivered in a sealed envelope or by registered postage to the Registry of the University. Application may also be submitted using an electronic mail system to reach the address below:
Search committee For Librarian
C/o The Office of the Ag. Registrar
Kumasi Technical University
Or email to:
Closing Date: 11 January, 2019