Jobs In Kumasi 2018
The Governing Council of the Kumasi Technical University, invites applications from qualified and enterprising persons to fill in the following vacancy as Director of Works and Physical Development.
JobSearchGh is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Ghana. Search & apply your dream jobs in Ghana today with just a click away. The best job search website in Ghana. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of JobSearchGh. Proceed with caution.
About Kumasi Technical University
Kumasi Technical University is located in the heart of Kumasi, the Garden City of West Africa, and the capital of the Ashanti Region of Ghana. The University was converted from a Polytechnic to a Technical University in September 2016 by an Act of Parliament establishing Technical Universities in Ghana. The University is mandated by the Technical Universities Act 2016 (Act 922), to provide higher education in Engineering, Science and Technology-based disciplines, applied arts and related disciplines, technical and vocational education and training.
The University has 637 staff with diverse background made up of faculty, administrative and other professional officers with a student population of about 11,000 who are enrolled in various academic and professional programmes. The vision of the University is to be a centre of excellence for technological and entrepreneurial development.
The Position of Director of Works and Physical Development
The Director of Works and Physical Development oversees the activities of the following Divisions of the University:
• The Physical Development Works and Housing
• Development Office
• Grounds, Environmental Health and Services
• Services and Operations
• Estate organization
• Supervises all works and contracts to ensure that construction and renovation are in consonance with prevailing industry standards and specifications
• Oversees the management of construction contract with the view to ensuring compliance and due delivery of projects
• Advises on the procurement of consultancy services relating to the procurement of technical advice on construction in compliance with the national laws and regulation
• Is responsible for management and maintenance of buildings, roads, drains, parks and gardens of the university and their design and drawings
• Advises on the management and maintenance of buildings, roads, drains, parks and gardens of the university and their design and drawings
• Advises the Vice Chancellor and the University council on matters of land and development
• Provides architectural and engineering designs and bills of quantities for all University construction projects
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicant must possess a minimum of Master's degree in Built Environment or relevant area of study PLUS relevant professional qualification
• Applicant must have served as Deputy Director of Works and Physical Development in a University or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least 6 years
• Applicants must be computer literate
• Candidates are to submit an application letter attached to their curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of 3 referees
• Applicants are to include a short statement of not more than four pages (Times New Roman size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision and strategies for implementation
• Applications may be hand-delivered in a sealed envelope or by registered postage to the Registry of the University. Application may also be submitted using an electronic mail system to reach the address below:
Search committee For Librarian
C/o The Office of the Ag. Registrar
Kumasi Technical University
Or email to:
Closing Date: 11 January, 2019