Jobs In Accra 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana. Search & apply your dream jobs in Ghana today with just a click away.Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of JobSearchGh. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
The Ghana Agricultural Sector Investment Programme (GASIP) is a Government of Ghana (GoG) programme designed to provide a framework for a long-term financing arrangement for private sector-led, pro-poor agricultural value chain development in Ghana. Financiers are International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the Government of Ghana (GoG). The Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MoFA) is the implementing ministry
The Programme has three components.
Component 1 (Value Chain Development) is central to ensuring strong business linkages among actors in the entire value chains of commodities, to ensure they meet market or consumer and industry demands. It has three sub-components: (i) Agribusiness linkage development; (ii) Rural financial services and (iii) Climate Change Resilience—which is mainstreamed into value chain interventions to reduce risks, enhance profitability and sustainable production systems.
Component 2 (Rural Value Chain Infrastructure) is aimed at providing the enabling infrastructure to catalyse value chain development. It has two sub-components: (i) Productive Infrastructure and Facilities—aimed at encouraging investments in commercial infrastructure and facilities for the selected value chains; and (ii) Enabling Public Infrastructure— aimed to finance enabling public infrastructure for the growth and viability of selected value chains.
Component 3 (Knowledge Management, Policy Support and Coordination) aimed at harnessing successful lessons for replication and providing an enabling environment for optimization of programme opportunities and benefits.
Line Management: Reports to the Policy and Monitoring & Evaluation Manager (PMEM).
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer has the responsibility of assisting to ensure that M& E functions are fully integrated within programme activities.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Review and management of M&E within the programme to ensure proper flow of information to and from the operational level to the Programme Management Unit and especially the provision of timely and adequate information for decision making by Programme Management;
• Ensure that appropriate M&E procedures are prepared, established and implemented so as to provide sufficient basis for review of programming progress and for recommendation for changes in the emphasis which may be found to be necessary;
• Review on regular basis the status of Programme implementation with a view of adopting corrective measures and bringing to the attention of the PMEM any problems/issues arising thereof which may impede the implementation of the Programme;
• Assist in the preparation of the AWPB with the support and inputs from other technical specialists and programme implementing partners;
• Harmonize the Programme’s M&E with MOFA’s M & E framework taking into consideration the requirements of the Head office as well as the decentralized units;
• Prepare quarterly Monitoring Reports on all aspects of Programme implementation and progress including services in the areas of training, strengthening of producer organisations, marketing, financial services, technology promotion and policy consultation;
• Undertake field surveys and give technical backstopping to Programme implementers;
• Coordinate and consolidate periodical reports from the Facilitating Agencies on the implementation of their activities as well as Implementation Partners/ Technical Service Providers;
• Assist in the timely preparation of Annual Reports which will contain evaluation of Programme progress in relation to the Programme objectives;
• Assist in organising Programme Annual Review Workshops and other such relevant activities aimed at assessing Programme progress; and
• Undertake any other responsibility that will ensure smooth and effective implementation of the programme.
Qualification Required & Experience
• At least a Masters’ degree in Social Science, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration or other academic field relevant to the tasks to be carried out;
• At least 7 years practical experience in the design and implementation of M&E systems for development partner-funded programme, preferably within the agriculture sector in Ghana; and
• Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others.
• Must be familiar with IFAD’s Framework for a Results and Impact Management System (RIMS);
• Computer Literacy and ability to develop, install and manage databases; and
• Excellent writing and presentation skills.
• The position will be on a contract basis for two (2) years with the possibility of extension depending on satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 10 December, 2018